Talk

Advanced search

Nail help

(3 Posts)
NearTheWindmill Sun 09-Feb-14 15:17:34

I don't know if anyone else has this problem. I have wide stumpy nail beds so a bad start to get off with. My nails are thin and weak and generally break - I have never ever had to cut them - just give them a file to stop them looking ragged and/or catching. The white bit at the end is rarely more than 2mm before they flake and break.

Most annoyingly even when they are more presentable than usual, if I use a nailpolish it starts coming off within hours - not just chipping but it actually starts lifting off and I can sometimes peel of a whole nail's worth. Instrutions always followed and can be cheap or the very best brands.

Don't have these issues with my toe-nails.

Does anyone have any ideas and/or recommendations. I'm in very good health by the way and this has happened all my life.

AmIatwat Mon 10-Feb-14 10:01:07

Before you pain your nails you must remove all grease from them using nail polish remover. Do you do this? This could be the reason it peels off. As regards to the condition of your nails, there is very little you can do I'm afraid.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 10-Feb-14 10:39:22

Rub coconut oil into your nails 2 or 3 times a day - works a treat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now