Talk

Advanced search

Anyone find great skinny jeans for slim legs and big Butt and tummy.help.

(20 Posts)
JustLikeHeaven Sat 08-Feb-14 19:18:15

Is there such a thing as a pair of black skinny jeans. . Or straight leg maybe at a push. . .That are high waisted, doesn't go baggy at the knees, slimming but comfortable enough to at least breathe, so some stretch in them.

I am size 14. . . . Size 12 until last year. . And now14 and can't seem to get back to 12 no matter what I try. I am very self conscious. .. and yes I know 14 is not big really. . But I am not comfortable in my own skin.

So!!!!! I am living in jeans and blazers for nights out as I have slim legs. . I carry my weight on my butt and tummy so blazers hide a lot. . , I am 5 ft 6 approx if that matters

Top Shop and villa and Vera moda don't work for me. . Or not the ones I tried.. Anyone similar shape and find any life saver jeans.

Thanks so much,

googietheegg Sat 08-Feb-14 19:31:55

M&s jeggings are great

JustLikeHeaven Sat 08-Feb-14 19:36:04

Really? The word jeggings always scared me as I think of leggings that show every lump and bump. Will look at them though thank you

Any other suggestions

FrantasticO Sat 08-Feb-14 19:36:09

I'm in your camp and hate it!
Starting the shred tomorrow ...joy.
Watching with interest.
Bellies are the Pitts.
Sainsburys jeggings are okish
Can you feel my enthusiasm?

Good luck!

MegBusset Sat 08-Feb-14 19:47:27

I love Dorothy Perkins skinnies, they are very soft, and forgiving round the tummy!

ginzillas Sat 08-Feb-14 20:06:30

Oh, I was going to suggest Vera Moda ones as I love mine and am pretty substantial of hip and bottom! Topshop ones don't work for me. I like M & S jeggings on a thin day but they can be pretty tight around the tummy after a big lunch....

JustLikeHeaven Sat 08-Feb-14 20:08:44

It's a pain isn't it frantastic. I have the shred dvd here somewhere. . . God the thought of it. . . and have ordered a juicer. So fed up of my belly and arse. Though as usual I am thinking. . Monday. . I will start again on Monday

Thanks meg. . Will try d p too.

Reading online that marks and sparks 5 pocket jeggings are great for muffin top problems and slimming in general. Will check them out too

ginzillas Sat 08-Feb-14 20:11:43

I forgot about Uniqlo! Their skinnies seem to be made for curves. They're not too pricey either.

Sonotkylie Sat 08-Feb-14 20:11:44

How about next high waist skinnies? I have some black ones I love and would seem to tick all your boxes. there's another thread waxing lyrical about next jeans just up a bit! Just the cheap ones, I mean, £28 ish, not the ones that lift everything and make the tea that cost about £45.

JustLikeHeaven Sat 08-Feb-14 20:18:26

Thanks guys. . I just saw the next thread. . . I would never think to look there.

Ginzilla which ones from v moda. . . Maybe I just tried the wrong ones

Yes to M&S jeggings. They are just skinnies with a silly name.

ginzillas Sat 08-Feb-14 20:23:55

Just had to check label..

Apparently they are Vero Moda Super Stretch Wonder Jeggings!

I got them in vintage blue. The shop where I bought them also stocked red and black. They are really comfy - I was down on the floor playing with DD after Burger King lunch and felt fine in them.

JustLikeHeaven Sat 08-Feb-14 20:26:13

Brilliant. Shopping spree tomorrow. Shred and some juicing on Monday

baskingseals Sat 08-Feb-14 20:26:35

Primark push up pull in are probably the beat £13 I've spent in a while.
I am also in the slim legs fat gut camp.

KatieScarlett2833 Sat 08-Feb-14 20:28:15

I got a pair of dark navy high waisted ones from Debs. I think Jasper Conran? they suck you in where needed and let you breathe at the same time smile

TeamEdward Sat 08-Feb-14 20:28:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MumsLoveClothes Sat 08-Feb-14 20:50:08

I agree with Meg, Dorothy Perkins jeans are great and jeggings are super comfy too. Sounds like you have an Apple body shape. Light denim or bright coloured jeans will look fab on you and highlight your slim legs smile My blog features loads of fashionable clothes, including jeans, for your specific shape. Check it out x www.loveclothesshopping.co.uk/shop/category/apple/

JustLikeHeaven Sat 08-Feb-14 20:51:19

Brilliant. . Thank you all. . I didn't know where to start but have a list to attack now

muser31 Sat 08-Feb-14 20:51:47

also fan of primark fits slim legs but loads of room for tummy!

ldt87 Sat 08-Feb-14 20:57:18

Gok skinny jeans at sainsburys are the best I've had. 28 pound and a bargain if you got them at a 25% off event. Try them on though because I am usually a 14 but because of the stretch my 14s are bigger than I thought and when I get more i reckon a 12 might be right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now