Talk

Advanced search

Statement necklaces

(25 Posts)
MrsPeacockDidIt Sat 08-Feb-14 17:52:22

I don't really get on well with scarves and much prefer a statement necklace.

I can sometimes find the odd one but struggle to find one place that has lots of choice.

The sorts is thing I like are the things worn here:

tv character

Any ideas of where I need to look? Ideally I want a bit of colour but some chunky metal colours too.

Thanks

lolalotta Sat 08-Feb-14 18:31:55

I would like to know too!!!! I find the odd one online at Anthropology, but only now and again! I want more!

bunnymother Sat 08-Feb-14 18:37:59

Zara and Mango have great statement necklaces, but they are nothing like those - hers are quite simple, whereas the Z and am ones are relatively detailed. You may find a few simple ones at Mango, though. Unlike some other stores, theirs are metal, not plastic.

expatinscotland Sat 08-Feb-14 18:38:55

Stella and Dot.

ROARmeow Sat 08-Feb-14 19:01:17

Argento do some lovely statement pieces, very good quality but inexpensive.

Argento statement necklaces

ZenNudist Sat 08-Feb-14 19:11:56

The Argento ones are lovely.

Currently on mat Lv so can't justify it. hmm

badasahatter Sat 08-Feb-14 19:14:27

https://www.redboxaccessories.com/quick-shop/

This is a popular one in our school. I've bought a few things from here and they've been great. They do a strong range of statement necklaces and are on the budget side for those who have little cash to splash.

Imwoodword Sat 08-Feb-14 19:16:30

Have a look on Etsy too, there's some lovely stuff from Chinese sellers as long as you don't mind a 2-3 week delivery.

CockBollocks Sat 08-Feb-14 19:17:52

accessorize

Some nice ones here, ASOS also have some lovely bits.

mrscumberbatch Sat 08-Feb-14 19:19:40

I get a lot of acrylic statement jewellery from zsiska.

Mikey used to be good. I think it's part of top shop now and haven't bought anything in ages.

Otherwise it's just sheer luck, I sometimes find bits in H&M or Zara

MrsPeacockDidIt Sat 08-Feb-14 19:53:37

Ooh some great suggestions, thanks all.

My favourite statement necklace came from sainsburys of all places. I tend to look everywhere but haven't been in mango so I'll try there.

The red box and zsiska things look just the thing.

MumsLoveClothes Sat 08-Feb-14 20:58:17

Debenhams have some nice statement necklaces, on sale too. Is this is the kind of thing you're after? www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_60292+27680_-1

Nhiggins86 Mon 10-Feb-14 16:18:40

I normally buy my accessories here... Nice statement jewellery

Www.mollyandpearl.bigcartel.com

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 10-Feb-14 17:25:01

Butler & Wilson have some immense statement necklaces.

I have four from them - two I bought on EBay though. it's definitely worth a search once you've seen something on their website.

I have a few Zara ones I adore but don't expect them to last past a season. sad

B&W online shop

MotherBluestocking Mon 10-Feb-14 23:34:09

Try Banana Republic.

FaceDirectionOfTravel Mon 17-Feb-14 21:29:22

I ordered some nice statement necklaces from M&S of all places, arrived today. Lovely, don't all work on me, but this one is great one me.

nkf Mon 17-Feb-14 21:40:57

The August Wood ones on the Argento website are very pretty. I don't own any but would like to.

Chewbecca Mon 17-Feb-14 21:46:42

Here's my favourite shourouk. You can often find 'shourouk style' on Etsy at v reasonable prices.

pinkflaming0 Mon 17-Feb-14 21:59:07

I was in Next today and they had quite a few that caught my eye - it was a new range, I think the 'branding' was Bespoke (which of course is one thing it isn't!). Was much better than their usual stuff which I think has lost it's way a bit in recent years.

RonaldMcDonald Mon 17-Feb-14 22:56:16

Bored by them now

Chunky 16 inch chain is where it is at

Amethyst24 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:50:33

& Other Stories have lovely ones www.stories.com/Jewellery/Necklaces. Or try markets - I have a stunning necklace that I bought at Greenwich Market for £10.

luvfizz Tue 18-Feb-14 11:22:56

Stella and Dot have gorgeous necklaces and they are excellent quality

www.stelladot.co.uk/shop/en_gb/jewelry/necklaces/necklaces-all

MrsPeacockDidIt Tue 18-Feb-14 13:18:26

some lovely things in this thread.

I'm slowly trawling through Etsy and will order some things from there I think as I don't mind the wait. I'm a little worried about the metal content though as I have very sensitive skin.

Also have ordered silver leaves and http://schoolgatestyle.tictail.com/product/overlapping-leaves-necklace-silver-colour more leaves]] from SCG while I look for some more colourful pieces.

MrsPeacockDidIt Tue 18-Feb-14 13:18:56

try again more leaves

FaceDirectionOfTravel Tue 18-Feb-14 13:27:35

OOh, I am liking that website! Some very nice stuff on there, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now