Talk

Advanced search

I need some boots that last longer than a few months!

(7 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sat 08-Feb-14 16:50:40

Where can I get some boots that are going to last more than one winter but on a budget (£50 max). I have bought over the last few years various boots all between £20-£40 and most have not even lasted one winter. I am thinkig there may be some in a sale or end of season whatever at the moment that I can get?

In general I like biker style boots but most of them are too clunky looking for me and I don't like them on. I like some of the Blowfish boots but not sure of the quality of those either.

AndiMac Sat 08-Feb-14 16:59:17

A bit run of the mill, but my Clark boots are in excellent condition after a year and a bit of wear.

AndiMac Sat 08-Feb-14 16:59:37

Clarks, I mean.

Frozenatchristmas Sat 08-Feb-14 17:04:54

Personally speaking, if you want boots to last more than one winter season you need to invest a bit more than £50 and get something well made and leather.

Clark's is good and may get something in the sale for your budget given it is right at the end of the winter stock.

muser31 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:06:40

i second clarks my brogues are only starting to wear now after 2 years but i have worn them day in day out

i got firetrap ankle boots and they are excellently made they are lasting for ages with no sign of wear.

I always buy boots in the sales - usually at about £60 and they last well, though may need reheeling.

Clarks have lots in their sale now. I'd rather pay more for good leather ones, instead of replacing every year, personally. Doubt you'd get good leather ones under £50ish.

talulahbelle Sat 08-Feb-14 17:11:34

Charity shop (takes a bit of finding, but it you look regularly you'll get something) and then get them reheeled and soled if necessary. Would prob coming in at under £30, and dependent on your local shops you should be able to get some decent leather ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now