Talk

Advanced search

What style and fashion magazines ?

(11 Posts)
bawabod Sat 08-Feb-14 15:18:41

I am in my late forties fairly trendy and about to end my sub to Good Housekeeping as I am bored and uninspired by the same old stuff . I am looking for inspiration. What magazines do you get regularly and why ?. I love fashion and would love to start sewing clothes more often. I refuse to pay designers prices but am always on the lookout for new ideas. Hence only from a crafty element I have kept my Prima sub going. Am interested in what you stylish ladies read.

Marylou2 Sat 08-Feb-14 15:49:57

My favourite it Red. I'm a similar age to you and it's a good mix of fashion , beauty and interesting articles. Few craft features though.

Marylou2 Sat 08-Feb-14 15:50:37

is Red ...silly tiny keyboard.

frankietwospots Sat 08-Feb-14 18:05:32

I subscribe to Red and buy Marie Claire occasionally. The Red website is also good.

bawabod Sat 08-Feb-14 19:22:01

I will try both out the next couple of months. Thank you ladies smile

Shopgirl1 Sat 08-Feb-14 19:47:16

I buy Red as well, good mix. Marie Claire can be ok too, although recently I've gone off it a bit, I'm 36 and feel too old for it sometimes, articles can lack depth. Occasionally I read Easy Living if travelling and looking for something with a bit of reading.

frankietwospots Sat 08-Feb-14 22:42:38

Easy Living isn't published any more.

I don't know what your local library is like but my nearest one has Marie Claire which saves a few pennies!

TwoNoisyBoys Sat 08-Feb-14 22:54:11

I read one at the doctors recently....think it was Woman and Home?? Anyway, it was really good...good mix of fashion, beauty, home, interesting features etc. (I realise this would be much more helpful if I could DEFINITELY remember the magazines name!!) I meant to look out for it in the newsagent and complete forgot, but will look this week as I fancy a new regular mag to read smile

libertychick Sat 08-Feb-14 22:56:58

My favourite magazine for style is the Style mag in the Sunday Times! I also subscribe to Red.

Bonsoir Sun 09-Feb-14 07:30:51

MiLK (French children's fashion and family interiors/lifestyle magazines) are my absolute favourite. I like shelter magazines and buy US, French and Italian ones as well as British, depending on the features.

ADifferentKindOfMum Sun 09-Feb-14 13:12:45

Have always loved Elle but since their redesign I've really found it less pleasing to read (the print edition).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now