Talk

Advanced search

Yet another colours question...be patient with me :-)

(5 Posts)
PaperBagPrincess Sat 08-Feb-14 10:54:32

I havent had my colours done professionally (yet! Hoping it might be a birthday present from DH...), but have done quite a few different online assessments and always come out as a Winter clear/deep. However, I gravitate towards warm Autumn colours and get the most compliments when I wear them. I like camel, caramel, tan, prints that mix warm browns and reds (although red or dark brown alone dont suit me). Teal, black and some shades of grey also suit me. Navy is awful on me, as are purples or pinks and white or cream.

I'm very fair skinned and naturally a dark brunette with a bit of an auburn tinge. I have light blue eyes which can look grey or green in different lights, and with naturally very strong black eyelashes/eyebrows.

I think naturally I am sort of Danni Minogue colouring, maybe Liv Tyler?

However, I am a fake tan queen and my hair is dip dyed - dark at the top, fading into honey brown then dark blonde at the tips. So confused about what suits me....

Any ideas?

Hopefully Sat 08-Feb-14 12:54:18

Perfectly believable colouring for either an autumn or winter, tbh. Or various other seasons, but you can worry about that when you have it done smile

My colouring looks totally 'Winter' in every way - high contrast, bright eyes, pale skin, etc etc - but I am not one.

sotiredfornow Sat 08-Feb-14 13:24:23

You really just need to have your colours done by HOC. It's not a big amount to pay for what you get and then there'll be no more confusion, no more debate. My understanding is that your hair/eye colour does not dictate what season you'll be. I was with a pale girl with blue eyes and blonde highlighted hair (Light brown naturally I think). She came with her sister who on the face of it had the same colouring. The sister turned out to be winter, the other girl autumn. On the other hand I have dark brown hair and brown eyes and also turned out to be autumn just like the blonde hair/blue eye girl. Except she suited the softer autumn colours and I suited the dark, vibrant colours. It's quite complex and I don't think it's something you can work out yourself!

WhoNickedMyName Sat 08-Feb-14 15:03:38

Like the PP said, your hair and eye colour don't make a difference. On a HOC day they cover your hair up anyway. They do ask you to go along with no make up and definitely no fake tan. It's all about your natural skin colour.

DrNick Sat 08-Feb-14 15:10:58

how on earth is a bunch of strangers on the internet supposed to know?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now