Talk

Advanced search

Another Clarins question!

(8 Posts)
permaquandry Sat 08-Feb-14 09:28:35

Used Clarins for about 5 yrs, after a few months of trial and error got a fab regime, using all Clarins products.

Recently I've started getting sore patches on eyelids but I put it down to makeup. Then they started appearing on random patches on the face (where I don't wear makeup). Through process of elimination, narrowed it down to my toner or cleanser.

Am gutted as so please with how the rest of my skin is!

I don't understand why this has started happening, I don't think they've changed their formula.

Can anybody explain and should I discontinue with all Clarins?

Eliza22 Sat 08-Feb-14 10:30:52

How old are you? I found recently that my skin has changed massively due to impending menopause. Little irritations to stuff I've used for all time and more worryingly, big reactions to medications I've taken on and off, for years (for kidney problem).

Hormones, stress, pregnancy, perhaps a slight tweek in their product formulation? Could be anything really. I'd maybe stop using the products and when/if your skin settles, I'd reintroduce your Clarins and see what happens.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Feb-14 10:36:34

Clarins is really harsh stuff tbh even their sensitive products.

permaquandry Sat 08-Feb-14 11:26:30

I'm latiesh 30's. I'm wondering if they have indeed changed ingredients. I did remove all clarins and reintroduce once skin calmed down, then, bam, flared up immediately the first time I used the cleanser and toner again.

I like Avene, I find my skin calms down and feels nice but was getting dehydrated. I need hydration, pore smoothing/reducing and anti-wrinkle.

Does anybody know if I can get all this from Avene?

Aquelven Sat 08-Feb-14 11:56:48

I've read several complaints recently on websites about formulation changes in Clarins. I noticed it with their Extra Firming range & had to stop using it, even though I'd happily used it since it was launched. I use No7 now with no problems & save a bit of money!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Feb-14 12:28:47

Try Aldi, seriously! Pissess all over clarins and got lists of awards and comes out best on blind tests.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Feb-14 12:29:00

Lots

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Feb-14 12:30:48

It's called restorative cream, there's a day and night cream. If your skin isn't too dry there's another version.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now