Talk

Advanced search

Are false eyelashes difficult to use?

(5 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sat 08-Feb-14 08:54:21

I'm always put off by once seeing a relative wear them & have one lift off at the corner.

Do they have to be expensive to work? Do they spoil your own lashes like extensions did?.

PirateJelly Sat 08-Feb-14 09:03:08

Hi op, I wear them almost daily and the trick to applying them easily is to get a decent glue (not the one that comes free in the packet) and leave the glue to set for about 2 minutes so it becomes tacky (not the 30 secs most instructions say) then press down with tweezers. I always get compliments on mine and they only cost �1.99!

Word of warning though definatelt save them for special iccassions. I started wearing them daily for a few months 2 years ago (to impress a new boyfriend hmm) and now I HAVE to wear them sad I did have quite nice, thick long eyelashes but loves the effect falsies gave me. However after a couple a months of almost daily use I noticed my eyelashes had really thinned out and looked awful, so stupidly I kept wearing them. Now 2 years on I am literally left with a few short stumps and it looks like I have no eyelashes sad. I did try going without for a few weeks not long ago but there was no improvement so I'm back to wearing them almost daily or I feel really self conscious, stupid I know.

ShatzePage Sat 08-Feb-14 09:15:54

I have used a few brands of false eyelashes and the best I have ever found are the primark one's for a £1! They come in different lengths and thickness and are really easy to use. I find if I remove them carefully then I can re-use them too.

AntoinetteCosway Sat 08-Feb-14 09:41:54

You need Duo glue. Let it go slightly tacky before putting them on. Individuals are much easier than strips.

I am rubbish at getting them on and getting them to stay on, love the effect but spend all night being worried that they are coming loose and looking like a dead spider on my cheekshock I have invested in rapid Lash applied every night and a month or so later I have natural bambi lashes which if I use a curler and a good mascara look like falsies... result smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now