Talk

Advanced search

Interview me up I implore you

(14 Posts)
tartiflette Fri 07-Feb-14 17:45:20

I have a Baukjen ruched black jersey skirt, for use with black opaques and black suede heeled ankle boots, a charcoal jersey blazer from Zara... And no top.
It's a teaching job, just a sideways move after relocation so not a management post. Outfit maybe sounds a bit casual but I think I can make it sufficiently smart with grooming etc...
Any thoughts? It's been a few months since I had to dress for work, I've lost the plot slightly.

tartiflette Fri 07-Feb-14 18:48:45

Admittedly this is a poor topic for a Friday night grin

tak1ngchances Fri 07-Feb-14 18:50:09

I would wear a super fine knit polo neck orca very crisp white shirt

tak1ngchances Fri 07-Feb-14 18:50:25

Orca?? Or a

tartiflette Fri 07-Feb-14 19:22:34

Fine knit sounds good thanks. I'll avoid a polo neck mind you due to boobs.
Colour or grey/black/white? Is colour with a black skirt unspeakably naff?

MarianForrester Fri 07-Feb-14 19:34:36

I would go for a patterned top, maybe dots, or subtle pattern.

I am blessed in the nork area and the crisp white shirt look just doesn't work for me, though I love that look.

tartiflette Fri 07-Feb-14 19:47:45

I like it too on the young and flat chested. I fear I would look like an ageing waitress.

PrimalLass Fri 07-Feb-14 20:10:24

I have a Baukjen ruched black jersey skirt, for use with black opaques and black suede heeled ankle boots, a charcoal jersey blazer from Zara... And no top.

Sorry, I think you do need to wear a top grin

tartiflette Fri 07-Feb-14 20:14:54

Spoilsport

tak1ngchances Fri 07-Feb-14 21:14:58

I would probably go for a black fine-knit top and a chunky necklace to break it up. I cannot bear colours & black together

MarianForrester Fri 07-Feb-14 22:14:31

Or something like this?

MarianForrester Fri 07-Feb-14 22:19:38

Or this?

Frasers have a big choice

tartiflette Fri 07-Feb-14 22:35:38

Oh I like that first one, thanks. By some freak coincidental act of god, I have all of Sunday child free so will scour HoF for suitable items rather than actually planning my lesson or reading up for the interview. Start as you mean to go on!

MarianForrester Fri 07-Feb-14 22:38:00

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with the hunt and the interview

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now