Talk

Advanced search

maternity swimdress or similar

(5 Posts)
DeloresDeSyn Fri 07-Feb-14 12:25:38

Hi, we are going on holiday in a month and I need a maternity swimsuit, but I want it to go further down than any of them seem to.
I don't know who these amazing creatures are who manage to keep smooth thighs and a non-lumpy arse when pregnant, but I'm not one of them and I'd like to do my best to cover them up with some boy legs or a skirt thing .
I can't wear seperate bottoms as I can't bear anything pressing on my tummy, and I will be floundering floating rather than doing much actual swimming, so I don't mind if it's loose all over. I know we'll be spending pretty much every day in the pool so I'm feeling a bit desperate...

RonaldMcDonald Fri 07-Feb-14 12:39:13

I wore a bikini or a one piece <when my bresticles threatened to suffocate me> and stuck a cover up on when I felt the need

Sometimes the dresses look worse that what you are covering

DeloresDeSyn Fri 07-Feb-14 12:46:00

But I need a cover up I can go in the pool in. And not a see through one. I don't mind a one piece but I don't want to be forever hoiking it out of my bum.

jammiecat Fri 07-Feb-14 13:18:16

Buying maternity swimwear is a nightmare isn't it. Iwent with a tankini in the end but wouldn't say it was particularly flattering. I don't know how pregnant you will be but would you get away with sizing up a size or two? If so there are a number of swimdresses here: Cheap swimdresses or here: more swimdresses

DeloresDeSyn Fri 07-Feb-14 14:38:15

Thanks jammie, perhaps I will try that, I'll be 17weeks but I'm big already (no 4).
I think I'll just have to go for a thin oversized tshirt over the top, I can't find anything like what I want. A maternity shorty wetsuit would be perfect as I'm always freezing, but I think that's wishing for the impossible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now