Talk

Advanced search

MUA

(21 Posts)
themessyapron Fri 07-Feb-14 12:04:02

Anyone bought any MUA stuff from Superdrug?

I've spent a fortune on make up over the last few weeks from Bobbi Brown and Mac etc but I bought a MUA lipstick the other day and it was pretty good. And it was ONE POUND! So I've just gone back and bought six more grin to try.

Got an eye palette too for four quid but haven't tried it yet. (Was recommended on Pixiwoos on YouTube)

OneLittleLady Fri 07-Feb-14 12:07:28

I've bought plenty of it and like everything I've tried. I'm normally quite sensitive to 'cheap' make up so was wary but no allergic reactions to the stuff I've tried. Just a shame that most of the stock is sold out in our local superdrug! I need to try and work out when they restock so I can pounce grin

flippinada Fri 07-Feb-14 12:07:28

Yep, I have two eye palettes. The mattes one and undress me too, which I think is meant to be a dupe of the naked 2 palette. Impressed with both but never tried anything else of theirs as yet.

Misssss Fri 07-Feb-14 13:41:04

I love the no1 lipstick. Gorgeous gorges deep red that looks really expensive and suits everyone.

They do a good eye primer and their nail polish is ok with w good topcoat.

I'm not impressed with their other things though. It's a bit full of that glittery dust that cheap makeup is crammed with.

Cherrypie32 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:44:56

I wear the nude eye pallet every day and its fine for me. I have just today bought the under eye concealer so will see how that goes.

TallulahBetty Fri 07-Feb-14 14:58:08

Yeah I love MUA, i have loads of it smile lipsticks and eyeshadows are especially good.

Stinklebell Fri 07-Feb-14 16:28:59

I've bought some and didn't like any of it.

I've tried the eyeliner, mascara, BB cream, eye shadow - the single round pots and the pallets.

I ended up giving it all to my daughter to experiment with

Stinklebell Fri 07-Feb-14 16:30:02

Oh, I forgot, I've got some of their nail varnishes which I do like

PenguinsDontEatKale Fri 07-Feb-14 16:31:55

I like their eye palettes and think I got a clear mascara for taming eyebrows.

Wasn't so keen on the mascara (it ran) on the blusher (too sparkly).

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 07-Feb-14 16:32:13

I like the undress me too palette and the matte lipsticks. Blushers are pretty good too.

procrastinatingagain Fri 07-Feb-14 16:35:11

I've got one of the eye palettes too. I find it doesn't last very long unfortunately. Maybe I need to try it with a primer.

Saurus72 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:14:30

Eyeshadows are fantastic. Not just 'good for £1' fantastic, but 'good compared to MAC' fantastic. I use a black one as a soft eyeliner every day - it lasts all day and doesn't smudge.

The mascara and nail polish is fine. Not great, not crap - it's decent and serviceable.

I bought a lipgloss - the one with the black lid and lips on the packaging, can't remember what it's called. It was very heavily pigmented - too heavy for me - very shiny and sticky. It kind of had the look of the laydeez in the Robert Palmer videos, which, if you are looking for that type of thing, means it's a good option. It was too much for me, and I way prefer Bobbi Brown/MAC lipgloss/lipstick.

Definitely worth experimenting with though, especially if you want to try out new colours. I love going to Superdrug and getting a couple of eyeshadows, mascara and nail polish for £4! £4!

HappyAsEyeAm Fri 07-Feb-14 17:22:26

I love their eyeshadow pallettes, eye primer and face primer. And I say this having bought estee lauder make up and skin care for 20 odd years. I will never buy expensive eye shadow again. The pigment is good and the range in the pallettes really suit me. I have heaven and earth and undressed.

Lottapianos Fri 07-Feb-14 17:36:06

I bought a couple of their single eye shadows and found the pigmentation quite rubbish - had to put on tons to get any decent colour. Are the palettes better?

HappyAsEyeAm Fri 07-Feb-14 17:46:25

I have always used the eyeshadow pallettes with the mua eye primer. I find them brilliant. Easily as good as estee lauder stuff, which I had no complaints about.

Lottapianos Fri 07-Feb-14 17:52:04

Ok I need to invest in a palette then! Thanks

LittleYellowDuck Fri 07-Feb-14 20:08:35

The Shimmer Mosaic Face powder is great, I use it as a brow highlighter and cheek highlighter
The eyeshadows are not so good, not pigmented enough for me, prefer my MAC
Lipsticks are great , nice and creamy , they stay on reasonably well as long as you blot lips
Love the Nail polish too, I do three coats and it lasts for ages , great for a pound!
Think I will just go and stock up on some more smile

seb1 Fri 07-Feb-14 20:50:13

Superdrug do free home delivery on orders over £10 that might help if local stores are out of stock. HTH

LittleBabyPigsus Fri 07-Feb-14 22:51:12

MUA also has it's own website.

TessTackle Fri 07-Feb-14 22:58:11

The eyebrow kit is incredible.
Loads of beauty "gurus" use it and it's only £3

Deathwatchbeetle Sat 08-Feb-14 00:14:37

Very big fan of the lippies and the eye shadow palettes. Also have the eye liners. Only thing I do not like is the eye brow pencil which is too soft and waxy. Also liking the pro base thingy -in a palette - base, concealer and I think they call it a highlighter but looks deep enough to be a blusher. Cannt remember how deep it goes on -may be quite sheer (the blush/highlight thingy I mean. The concealer is good on the redness of my cheeks and the foundation bit seems to stay o despite my eyes that water constantly - like I am crying sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now