Talk

Advanced search

I love this but eeekkkk at the price!

(7 Posts)
Dontletthemgetyoudown Fri 07-Feb-14 11:00:19

I have a love for Mulberry bags going back a long time now, but I just can't justify their prices anymore.

I brought a Chloe Marcie as a treat for myself from my work bonus, but still browsing bags as you do. I came across this and this one. I particularly love the double zip Bayswater, but how can they justify the price? I brought the Bayswater tote for £600, from mulberry direct, so less than half the price.

Suppose I will keep looking for something similar but a lot less £££

Dontletthemgetyoudown Fri 07-Feb-14 11:02:20

Just seen even the Bayswater tote has increased to £895 for exactly the same bag.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Feb-14 12:13:38

I like mulberry bags but it anuses me they are so 'in' as it wasn't so long ago that only 'women of a certain age' had them. I must've reached that age now as I'd use one but it doesn't seem so long ago I used to snigger at anyone who had one. actually it was about 25 years ago!shock

Anyway....love the brown one, don't liked the black onesmile

Showy Fri 07-Feb-14 12:19:52

I have it on good authority that the Bayswater double zip comes with an extra interior pocket containing a portal to Narnia so it's worth the extra money just for that.

madammecholet Fri 07-Feb-14 12:25:51

lol at showy... the Bays main section is also completely open shock therefore Narnia could theoretically escape too...

Dontletthemgetyoudown Fri 07-Feb-14 12:34:39

grin Showy it should do at that price!

I'm 37 and brought my first mulberry about 15-16 years ago, does that mean I was old at heart even then? Bags have always been my thing. I think often clothes you can get away with cheaper items and then mix with good quality higher end, makes your whole look, higher end.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Feb-14 12:53:10

I agree,a good bag or shoes really pulls a look together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now