Talk

Advanced search

Do I need rosehip oil?

(12 Posts)
rumpled Thu 06-Feb-14 18:04:07

Mid-forties, combination/normal skin which is quite reactive.

Reviews seem to concentrate on suppleness, scarring reduction and alleviating dryness.

Have I at last found something I don't need? smile

PaperBagPrincess Thu 06-Feb-14 18:53:31

I tried the Trilogy one. It was nice, but smelt horrible and I wasnt wow-ed. I'm using Weleda Almond facial oil for sensitive skin at the moment. Its very gentle, not too greasy and a little goes a long way. I use a few drops and massage it in about 10 mins before I apply my moisturiser in the morning / night cream at night and it has definitely made my combination skin softer and a bit more even toned.

LittleBabyPigsus Thu 06-Feb-14 18:58:04

I'd say you don't need it. I am younger but have combination-dry skin, and rosehip oil just made me break out. You can see what facial oils to use for which skin type here and here. Making facial oils is so easy there's no need to buy them, and any leftovers can be used as a bath or cleansing oil.

LittleBabyPigsus Thu 06-Feb-14 18:58:58

PaperBag yes, I expected it to smell a bit rosey and it really doesn't!

rumpled Fri 07-Feb-14 07:39:54

Thanks! I'll save my money then smile

PrimalLass Fri 07-Feb-14 12:06:24

Yes, it is amazing. But not the Trilogy one. I get big bottles of this one, but you can get this sample for under £3 delivered.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Natural-Rosehip-Rosehip-Seed-Oil-10ml-/121031738707?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Natural_AlternativeTherapies&hash=item1c2e0dc553

babybarrister Fri 07-Feb-14 13:21:35

no, I tried it [an Oz make -cannot remember which] - I speak as a woman with shelves of products ....!

LittleBabyPigsus Fri 07-Feb-14 23:04:18

Primal it really doesn't suit all skin types though, it's not a cure-all. It would be far too heavy and clogging on normal-combination skin. Hemp seed or apricot kernal oil would be better.

whereisshe Sat 08-Feb-14 00:19:09

I absolutely love it, I've been using it as my only moisturiser for about 9 years (more than a few drops at a time) and it's made my skin less reactive, less dry and less wrinkly. But I have quite dry, sun-damaged skin...

Dorisdolalee Sat 08-Feb-14 10:02:23

I don't think it's great for oily skins. Claris lotus is the best for combo skins.

PrimalLass Mon 10-Feb-14 16:40:01

LittleBabyPigsus - Maybe so, I have no idea as I have only used it on my own face grin. But my skin is really reactive and it has been great for me.

PrimalLass Mon 10-Feb-14 16:42:12

And which is why I posted the cheap wee sample.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now