Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone please recommend a curl gel instead of Curl Junkie's Aloe Fix?

(8 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Thu 06-Feb-14 17:48:23

I sort of started using the Curly Girl method about 6 months ago and bought a large tub at the time. Nearly at the end now but had to discover that I can no longer get it in the uk (not without paying postage from the USA anyway, and I draw the line at �60...)
I'm gutted, the stuff is a total lifesaver and has totally transformed my hair!
Anyone able to recommend a replacement please?

LakeFlyPie Thu 06-Feb-14 20:05:19

I like the Umberto Giannini curl gel in the pink tube
HTH

OsMalleytheCat Thu 06-Feb-14 20:48:25

I like boots own curl creme it's a pink tub and only about £1.50 and mine lasts me about a month

justkeeponsmiling Thu 06-Feb-14 20:53:14

Thanks, will check out the Umberto!
osmalley I'm using that one already smile I always put on the curlcreme first, then the gel to sort of clump my hair together iyswim... great stuff, isn't it?!

Scarletohello Thu 06-Feb-14 21:58:03

You can actually use aloe Vera gel from Holland and Barrett. I use it and it does work and isn't expensive!

Paintingrainbowskies Thu 06-Feb-14 23:17:35

Another vote for the umberto Gianni pink jelly stuff, it's very good and about a fiver.

makeminemango Thu 06-Feb-14 23:24:31

Bumble and Bumble curl cream, followed the defrizz. It's a bit pricey but lasts forever. Won't dry curly hair out smile

justkeeponsmiling Thu 06-Feb-14 23:45:35

Thank you all! I'm probably going to end up trying them all as long as they are not too pricey... I'm a bit obsessed with finding the perfect hair produch blush
scarlet does the aloe vera gel make your hair crunchy at all (shudder)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now