Talk

Advanced search

Adjusting flares

(3 Posts)
VarsityQueen Thu 06-Feb-14 16:41:45

I've got some chocolate brown cord flares from Oasis which I've had for years and which used to get a lot of wear but now they seem far too flarey IFYSWIM. I would still like them to be flared but not quite so wildly 70s style flared. Would a tailor be able to reduce the size of the flare? I have some trousers which I could take in as a template. Does anyone know how much this would cost and/or have any recommendations in north or central London? TIA!

50ShadesOfMaybe Thu 06-Feb-14 17:28:43

Depends on the cut. I've made boot-cut jeans into skinnies with a sewing machine before now. Just line-up against a pair that has the cut you like and alter on the non-exposed seam. I think there are loads of YouTube videos that show you how to do this.

With cords you might need to be a bit careful because of the line of the cords, IYSWIM.

VarsityQueen Thu 06-Feb-14 19:36:52

Thanks 50Shades, I am pretty atrocious with a sewing machine, can't even shorten trousers, so I think I will have to find someone to help but it's good to know it might be possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now