Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find bras with thin straps?

(10 Posts)
Amethyst24 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:32:03

If the idea is that a well-fitting bra will stay up without the need for straps, WHY do almost all manufacturers double the width of the straps in DD+ bras? I'm a 30E, and I quite often wear vest tops/camis with skinny straps, and great fugly bra straps totally spoil the look. I've found Calvin Klein to be very good but they only go up to a DD and I get slight quadroboob in a 32DD.

FrugalFashionista Thu 06-Feb-14 16:45:09

Yep I was going to suggest Calvin Klein (have lots of their thin-stap bras and love them) but stupidly they don't do larger cups.

Amethyst24 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:52:38

It's such a pain! CK is actually the only make I've found that do properly skinny straps - even the standard 1cm or so is too wide for spaghetti-strap tops.

SorrelForbes Thu 06-Feb-14 17:00:16

Cleo straps are about 1.25 cm but it sounds as if they're too big for what you want?

stella69x Thu 06-Feb-14 17:03:18

Wear strapless bras instead?

FrugalFashionista Thu 06-Feb-14 17:09:21

I think I've aldo seen thin straps at Simone Perele - worth checking? Great lingerie blog here.

Amethyst24 Thu 06-Feb-14 17:15:16

Yes, Cleo and Freya and number 1 and 2 offenders! I know strapless is the obvious solution but I find them a bit uncomfortable, esp in summer. I'll check out Simone Perele, thanks

Amethyst24 Fri 07-Feb-14 11:13:28

Just bumping in case any bra experts are about today...

trixymalixy Fri 07-Feb-14 11:15:59

Watching with interest. I have a couple of tips that are sheer at the shoulders and would love a thin strapped bra to go under them. Think bra straps are so ugly.

Go for a wonderbra ultimate strapless for the lace shoulder top.

Sadly thin straps are harder to come by because although most support comes from the back about 25%is the straps and that's still a fair bitof weight ffor some. Cleo and ewa michalak are about the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now