Talk

Advanced search

I need yoi all. What shall I put with this dress for a wedding?

(14 Posts)
Ledkr Thu 06-Feb-14 15:21:19

http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+Womens-Dresses-The-Effervescent-Dress+LD518

It's in a hotel so I won't need anything g more than a light cardi or shrug type thing.

I thought if go for black suede courts or wedges but would you say nude tights or I was think g maybe black seamed?

Any good ideas?

Ledkr Thu 06-Feb-14 15:21:38

www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+Womens-Dresses-The-Effervescent-Dress+LD518

Deathwatchbeetle Thu 06-Feb-14 23:00:40

Not an expert (lovely dress btw) but I would say no to nude tights, go with sheet black. I think seamed is over egging it really (though depends what you look like - if you are generally over the top with lots of make up, kinda punkie looking???? then yeah go for it. Not sure about wedges with the dress. Not sure why I think not. Perhaps someone with more style than me will be along soon!

Ledkr Thu 06-Feb-14 23:12:23

Thanks, it's hard isn't it? I'd wear it with black fishnets and biker boots and jacket but as it's sils wedding I'm thinking I'd better be a bit posher grin

I like the peephole shoes the model is wearing but I'll be in them all day and my feet do t much like heels.

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Feb-14 23:40:25

I think it looks a little wild west saloon girl
<which incidentally is a look that I sometimes enjoy on others>

The problem is that dresses like these can only be worn as you have described. Either the whole hog with pinned curl barnet seamed tights etc or roughed up
otherwise if could look like a prom dress and we all know what that means, don't we?

Longdistance Thu 06-Feb-14 23:43:54

Black or red fur shrug?

Peep toes do look good. There were tights on that page with the flowers climbing up them.

Ledkr Thu 06-Feb-14 23:46:55

Yes I like those tights.

It's kind of "me" iykwim. I struggle with conventional glamour. Need an edge.

It looks amazing too which helps, very flattering.

Longdistance Thu 06-Feb-14 23:54:31

Get the tights, I like them with that dress.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 07-Feb-14 00:02:25

the dress is lovely - how about black suede shoe boots?

Deathwatchbeetle Fri 07-Feb-14 08:56:52

I think fishnets would be fine with the dress just not flesh colour tights. Maybe a bar shoe with a bit of heel (sort of 20s/30s. It might end up a bit 'saloon girl' and nowt wrong with that but at least you will probably look different to all the 'naice' dresses out there. If wearing a shrug I think black would be better than red. I dunno.

Personally I would rather do this wort of this than a 'naice' dress any day of the week. Only been to a few weddings but usually wear something a bit different.

Deathwatchbeetle Fri 07-Feb-14 08:59:15

Oh and if you smoke, go the whole hog and get one of those cigarette holders, and an old fashioned powder compact and one of those little vintage type bags like grannies had that were velvet with -what is it> flocking? I had a few of those from my great grannie when younger but my hamster ate them!!!!!!

AmIatwat Fri 07-Feb-14 09:05:12

Gorge frock. Def seamed tights or lace/fishnet. Patent leather courts, heeled or wedge, short boxy jacket or cropped cardi....SMOKING!

Ledkr Fri 07-Feb-14 09:19:37

Thanks all. It is rather lovely isnt it? Would rather punk it up but will be a good girl

Deathwatchbeetle Sat 08-Feb-14 00:27:50

Ledkr - I am with you sister!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now