Talk

Advanced search

Hair growth tips?

(8 Posts)
HongkongDreamer Thu 06-Feb-14 14:56:59

Trying to grow my hair and it's taking ages, still have 6 more inches to go. So far I have been doing a weekly scalp massage with coconut oil and taking biotin and vitamins as well as staying away from heat (straighteners) any other advice/tips? Want it to be really long for august for my holiday.

HongkongDreamer Thu 06-Feb-14 16:32:10

Bump

tygertygerburningbright Thu 06-Feb-14 16:40:05

I watched something on YouTube about 'inversion' where you hang your head up side down a few minutes a day for a week. I don't know how much truth is in it but they claim you can grow an inch in a month!

RonaldMcDonald Thu 06-Feb-14 16:42:22

concentrate very hard and see if you can squeeze some out

Prettykitty111 Thu 06-Feb-14 18:18:22

I've just started using iama aim black castor oil which loads of blogs have raved about. Only been using a week but will feed back if it works.

Financeprincess Thu 06-Feb-14 22:18:26

Sea kelp tablets. I tried them once, with scepticism, but my hair and nails grew like nobody's business!

LittleBabyPigsus Thu 06-Feb-14 22:26:42

Add a bit of castor oil to the scalp massage - either black or regular. It is quite sticky so mix it in with the coconut oil well beforehand. Eat more nuts/seeds/avocado. JASON biotin shampoo.

Scarletohello Thu 06-Feb-14 22:36:30

When I was 19 I was in hospital in traction for my back for 3 weeks. This involved my bed being elevated so my feet were higher than my head. At the end of 3 weeks my hair was over 2 inches longer! Couldn't believe it but it was the constant blood flow to my head that did it. So yes I'd say inversion does work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now