Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a non high street label / brand that sells nice dresses?

(5 Posts)
jumperooo Thu 06-Feb-14 11:41:43

Can you recommend a non high street label / brand that sells nice dresses?

I'm looking for a dress for a summer wedding. I've looked in all the usual shops and for some reason can't find anything I want. I'm wondering what small independent designers / brands are out there that do nice dresses, 'cos I'm stuck!

FrugalFashionista Thu 06-Feb-14 12:33:05

The Outnet and Yoox have a huge selection. Depends on your personal style, budget and whether it's day/evening but I've found such dresses from Tara Jarmon, Tory Burch, DVF, and Marni.

Bonsoir Thu 06-Feb-14 12:33:59

I second Tara Jarmon for a summer wedding outfit.

Ujjayi Thu 06-Feb-14 13:02:29

If you want a small independent designer, Etsy is a good source.

Isabela1 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:17:23

I wouldn't buy from Tara Jarmon due to a recent bad experience with them. I bought an expensive navy coat which started going all bobbly and horrid after wearing it just 3 times. I went back to the shop after one month. It took four months for them to get back to me with no resolution as they claimed that I washed the coat in the washing machine( crazy). As if someone would do that to an expensive coat! They're based in France so it's impossible to communicate with them. I feel like I wasted £300 on a coat with faulty material that I'll never wear again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now