Talk

Advanced search

Pyjamas for skinny girls

(17 Posts)
bigbluebanana Thu 06-Feb-14 10:23:56

My 7 year old is very slim so trousers, etc always fall down! Do you know where I could buy her some pjs that fit? She doesn't like wearing onsies so they are no good either.

TulipOHare Thu 06-Feb-14 11:24:46

Mini Boden long john PJs are very slim fitting. My DD is also a skinny minny and these are best for her.

TulipOHare Thu 06-Feb-14 11:26:20

These - bit ££ but can be had on Ebay.

OldBeanbagz Thu 06-Feb-14 11:27:52

My two skinny DCs have pjs from Polarn O Pyret or H&M.

Only1scoop Thu 06-Feb-14 11:28:23

Also the Joules ones (just been in sale) and the m&s autograph long John type.

bigbluebanana Thu 06-Feb-14 11:45:39

Thanks ever so much for the replies. I think I may go for the boden though they are a bit expensive!!!!!!! Poor dd has been in the same age 5 for pjs for a couple of years now and even they fall down so I think she deserves some comfy ones!

Stokey Thu 06-Feb-14 11:48:22

Find Gap pretty good for my skinny girls.
they are always at least one size behind at H&M which seem enormous

Only1scoop Thu 06-Feb-14 11:50:57

Second the Boden long johns my tall skinny 3 yo has the 5-6 they fit perfectly....they have just had some fab ones in sale....yes I love a bargain....

SavoyCabbage Thu 06-Feb-14 11:51:56

You can get years or wear out of the boden ones though.

Ithinkwerealonenow Thu 06-Feb-14 11:53:52

I have been just wondering this, and lo and behold, there's a fred on it. Bless Mumsnet.

Looking forward to not watching DD1 running round the house with one hand holding up her PJs. Or, worse, not holding them up and giving us all a great view.

TulipOHare Thu 06-Feb-14 12:17:55

Don't order from Boden without a discount code though! I haven't got one right now but there is always one about, I never buy without at least 15% and free delivery.

Starballbunny Thu 06-Feb-14 12:40:53

M&S girls PJs are lovely, last forever. Not stupidly big.

Some of Debenham's children's clothes tend to be on the small side.

You need to measure some that fit and go shopping.

Being elasticated and washed a lot PJ waist bands stretch. Hand me down Pjs are often far looser than the size lable.

Ithinkwerealonenow Thu 06-Feb-14 12:51:19

It's the M&S ones that fall down on DD1! She is pretty skinny though.

accessorizequeen Thu 06-Feb-14 21:33:29

Next do skinny pjs for girls too and they're just as nice as Boden. Dd has had both. The boden ones shrink a lot! My 4 dc were given birthday ones, they ALL shrunk. So size up. Would onesies work as you don't have to worry about a waist?

Weelady77 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:40:31

How about onsies? I buy my dd cotton ones rather than fleece ones as she gets too hot

GraceK Thu 06-Feb-14 21:49:52

Monsoon sometimes have ones with a cord in the waistband so they can be pulled tight - I either get a grandparent to purchase for b'days or write down the design name & buy on EBay. Otherwise I just end up sewing a tuck in the waistband of all DD1's pj bottoms. I do wish they did them with an adjustable waistband like daytime trousers. In the summer we have nighties but most winter pj,s have be adjusted to fit.

NightLark Thu 06-Feb-14 22:25:24

Always Debenhams for skinny little DD1. Chunky DD2 is more a John Lewis shape...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now