Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for company brochure photoshoot???

(8 Posts)
NoGoatsToe Wed 05-Feb-14 21:11:21

Just that really… I am having my photo taken for new brochure / website and am going mad trying to decide what to wear. There's a strong possibility that there will be outdoor shots as well as indoor shots - so let's hope it's not lashing. I am the only female in a youngish consultancy company of 7 men. I suppose I am really admin since taking a part time, work from home role 7 years ago when I had DS1, but before that I always wore trouser suits. I think they look dated now and I don't really want to wear that. The guys will be wearing suits with and without ties (for a more relaxed look natch wink) I'm 40, 5'6", size 12, shoulder length ash brown hair. Any ideas??

CheeseStrawWars Wed 05-Feb-14 21:16:46

Clothes. grin

Do you know if the photos are going to be in colour or black and white?

NoGoatsToe Wed 05-Feb-14 21:29:34

Well, yeah… definitely clothes of some description…. there's not enough brain bleach to go around. grin Don't know if colour or black and white.

CheeseStrawWars Wed 05-Feb-14 21:38:07

Personally I would go for a a skirt-suit and tailored blouse but it depends on the industry y ou're in, if it's fairly conservative that would be fine, but if it's something like media or whatever then possibly something more 'on trend'. You could have a look at Dressipi, you can put your measurements etc in and it suggests current office styles that suit you. dressipi.com/

Financeprincess Wed 05-Feb-14 22:43:24

Not solid black. It won't look good in the pictures. Can you find a shirt/blouse/ smart cardi in a colour that suits you? I've noticed some emerald green stuff in the shops that would be nice with ash brown hair.

Mrswellyboot Wed 05-Feb-14 22:47:31

Monsoon have really smart wrap top/blouses at the moment. They are lovely I think. Could be dressed up or down.

TarteAuxRiz Wed 05-Feb-14 22:57:28

I can give you some advice about what NOt to wear (am a photographer).
Avoid dark trousers/skirt with a light top, it cuts you in half and shortens your legs. If it were me I'd go out and treat yourself to a flattering and elegant dress (There are some gorgeous ones around at he moment that would work well in an office.) or a pair of flattering trousers and a strong jewel coloured shirt or top with a jacket. Nothing too patterned, definitely NO zigzags and avoid lines.
A little trick to get rid of double chinnage is to look down at your feet, jut your chin out a little, and then lift your head...if you practice it at home you'll get what I mean.
Most of all smile, nothing more flattering or beautiful that you can put on than a genuine meets-the-eyes smile.

Your photographer, if they are worth their salt, will be working hard to put you at your ease and get he best out of you. Good luck! Hope you enjoy it!

NoGoatsToe Thu 06-Feb-14 16:51:53

Thank you so much for all that advice Tarte - I have a smart work dress in a plain tweed-type brown fabric, which might work, but it has no sleeves, and a jacket would ruin the line of it completely. Will dig it out.
I take a terrible photo - I never look like I look in my mirror!!! <delusional> I just don't understand how people take selfies on an iPhone and look good in them - It seems to switch my face about confused and if that's what other people really see when they look at me, I could cry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now