Talk

Advanced search

nightwear intervention

(8 Posts)
ocelot41 Wed 05-Feb-14 21:08:52

I have been overweight for a long time and have nearly lost the last stone (2lb to go!) I promised myself a reward when I finally reached my goal and what I think I would really like to do is treat myself to a nice silky nightdresses because basically I have been coming to bed in oversized anything from the supermarket because I wanted to cover up my body as much as possible.

I would feel rather ridiculous in baby dolls, shortie nighties would end up round my ears, and I look truly awful in red, black or other 'jewel' colours. So I am thinking a longer night dress in cappuccino, cream, mint? I have also got serious norks (30f or 28g) and most of the nice nighties I have seen are for waif like gazelles, not curvier chicks.

Please, fine women of mumsnet, help me find some lovely, wearable, tasteful nightwear so I can finally feel like a glampuss coming to bed and not a lump!

dizhin79 Thu 06-Feb-14 01:07:50

tkmaxx would be my first port of call x

EBearhug Thu 06-Feb-14 01:24:11

Sulis? They do bras up to G, and they can discuss things with you, if you're not sure about how things will fit, so it's worth asking, if you see something you like, but aren't sure. (Might depend partly on your budget, mind you.)

ocelot41 Thu 06-Feb-14 06:01:26

Thanks!

ocelot41 Thu 06-Feb-14 06:15:22

Ooh ooh ooh! This IS the sort of thing I was looking for! www.sulis.co.uk/silk/silk_chemise_nightdress.html. I thinks I luffs you Ebear!

EBearhug Thu 06-Feb-14 13:15:06

I hope you feel great in it!

ILoveWooly Thu 06-Feb-14 13:21:14

Not silk but if you are looking for an 'everynight' nightie THIS one is fab. great support and still pretty.

ocelot41 Fri 07-Feb-14 06:39:04

Also nice...Just 2lb to go now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now