Talk

Advanced search

Whats more flattering...dress with sleeves or dress (no sleeves) + cardi

(12 Posts)
Kitttty Wed 05-Feb-14 17:08:23

...for a curvy 5ft 2in...thinking this www.lkbennett.com/Clothing/Dresses/Alo-Waistband-Panel-Dress/p/DRALOPOLYESTERMIXBluePeacock?nr=63&product=63&show=All

or this with cardi..
www.lkbennett.com/Clothing/Dresses/Adela-Twist-Front-Crepe-Dress/p/DRADELAPOLYESTERMIXBlueNavy?nr=62&product=62&show=All

Bigbrassband Wed 05-Feb-14 17:24:48

Lovely dresses! I'd say the first one as it will show off your waist. Adding a cardigan to the second would just add bulk.

MrsLettuce Wed 05-Feb-14 18:11:00

First one. Lovely.

buttercrumble Wed 05-Feb-14 18:36:44

I love the style of the first one, but the colour of the second (sorry not very helpful)

dexter73 Wed 05-Feb-14 18:38:44

Not keen as they are polyester and dry clean only. I prefer the sleeveless dress.

Kitttty Wed 05-Feb-14 18:44:13

Sorry - I don't necessarily want either -- just wanted to show as an examples to ask if generally dresses with sleeves are more flattering that those without and a little fitted cardi... I am short and think that possibly all one colour ie (with sleeves) could make me look "blocky" - or if a contrasting darker colour cardi would be more flattering - by braeking up the horizontal shoulder area

MrsLettuce Wed 05-Feb-14 18:46:12

Oh, right. Yes, sleeves every time!

Adding a cardy chops you up, IYSWIM. Better without.

thereistheball Wed 05-Feb-14 18:46:36

If you want to cover your upper arms then definitely a dress with sleeves is more flattering than a cardi.

dexter73 Wed 05-Feb-14 18:48:02

I would rather have a dress with sleeves than wear a dress with a cardi. I would have thought wearing all one colour would make you look taller, rather than breaking up your body.

buttercrumble Wed 05-Feb-14 18:56:47

Yes rather a dress with sleeves then smile

7to25 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:03:53

I think a Cardigan with a sleeveless dress looks a bit "I have to wear this to cover my fat arms, I'm quite hot but I can't take it off"
sleeves every time

Kitttty Wed 05-Feb-14 19:07:08

7to25!!!! that is exactly what I think..! Seems unanimous...will get on the search for cheaper dresses with sleeves then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now