Talk

Advanced search

Little bit of a Lancome Haul

(10 Posts)
Deathwatchbeetle Wed 05-Feb-14 17:03:06

Decided to treat myself. I went for a 'complexion masterclass' at a Lancome counter in John Lewis. I had wanted to try Teint Idole anyway. She did me in the new Spring colours. I said I did not mind colour at all.

I was quite pleased that she was surprised I was 54 and said my skin was very good (I have few wrinkles). Yes I know she would hardly say "Christ you look old!". However, I do not smoke and can hardly be called scrawny so it is that old adage of your face or your @ss, I guess!

She also said I had lovely blue eyes which was a surprise because I thought they were a muddy gray green! (Again she would hardly say what horrid eyes you have got! But it was nice to hear!!!). I did say that mauves bring a turquoise colour out in my eyes though.

She put a serum on me, (dreamtone? not sure), a cream in a mauve pot so must have been Renergie multilift and eye cream but I never bother with an actual eye cream as I have puffy eyes anyway. Base pro was a primer, she used one of those pen corrector thingys and a highlighter on my cheekbones (god, I love highlighter)
She did quite a subtle smokey eye with a palette called Hypnose doll eyes in Rose Ballerine which where a mix of mauves, pinks and gray. Looked very nice and has reminded me that 'less is sometimes more'. I tend to go overboard with eye liner which is something I have problems with as I cannot see without my glasses. She used the darker plum shadow in the set mixed with some liquid.

Anyway, she put on Teint Idole in 02 Lys Rose which surprised me as I did not think I needed any pink in my skin as I believed I am warm. She also put a pink blusher on and a tiny bit of bronzer which thankfully did not make me look orange but both the blush and bronzer shaped my face nicely. The bronzer was 01 and the blusher was 02. The ballerina eye kit and Hypnose waterproof mascara which she put on with my eyes shut which I have never experienced before but certainly came up a lot subtler than I previously managed! The lippie was L'absolue Rose Rhapsodie 354 a very nice subtle warm pink. The lipgloss was 010 in love which is a lip plumper. She said it might tingle but when you have used the soap and glory one, I can tell you I felt nothing. I got quite addicted to the S&G one!!!

I bought the eyeshadow kit, the lippie and foundation (I have loads of serums, creams and mascaras). I did not buy the bronzer as I do not normally use it and have a few at hoe mostly untouched but look warily at from time to time!

This enabled me to get the Red Carpet freebie set -A gold clutch bag containing L'absolue 302 Voile de Rose lippie, Hypnose star mascara, advanced genifique serum, hydra zen day cream and le crayon kohl noir.

I had it done at 10.20, It is now 16.55 and my skin has a nice tone. I did not want powder as my eyes waer a lot so there will be a bit of a shine but it looks natural not oily iyswim. The make up had to put up with drizzling rain, gusty winds and a ferry trip! I am delighted with the foundation but must admit I was surprised by the colour she picked but it does seem to be a good match. Gosh I normally go for a warm Ivory/flat beige colour.

Hope this does not mean I am a summer as I think most of the summer colours are not for me!!!

Anyway if someone likes Lancome and wants to get the Red Carpet freebie from John Lewis, as described above, you just need to buy 2 things to get it.

Coumarin Wed 05-Feb-14 17:35:43

Sounds very lovely smile I think Lancôme often gets overlooked in favour of Mac and Chanel etc but they do done really good products. I like the sound of the lipstick so might check it out tomorrow.

Glad you had a successful afternoon. Enjoy having a okay with your new things!

Coumarin Wed 05-Feb-14 17:35:58

*do some

Coumarin Wed 05-Feb-14 17:36:49

*having a play.

Sorry. I really need to turn autocorrect off, it has a mind of it's own.

Deathwatchbeetle Wed 05-Feb-14 19:18:14

B oth the lippies look very nice and the one I bought (not the freebie) has lasted pretty well but did have a gloss on top.

I used to use lancome in my 20's and 30's mainly the face creams, foundation, powder and mascara. I did find the creams a bit heavy for me then (in my youth, sob!!!). I have a number of much cheaper ones including Astral that I am using at the moment and as my skin is okey dokey don't feel the need to spend ££ on them. However I do like Lancome foundations and this one (Teint Idole) did have a rep for being long lasting. I do have some good cheapies though as well (Rimmel, Boots no7, Bourjois etc).

It'll be interesting to see if I can replicate the look without making a load of guffs!

Best1sWest Wed 05-Feb-14 21:04:21

I'm a Lancôme foundation fan too. I usually use Teint Miracle in No 2 though. Is Teint Idole much heavier?

Deathwatchbeetle Wed 05-Feb-14 21:42:11

Sorry I haven't used Lancome for quite a while so have not tried Teint Miracle.

Coumarin Thu 06-Feb-14 00:24:56

I've used both. I find the teint idole longer lasting and a much nicer finish. I have the 24 hr one, think they may do another version of it. It's a good one for building up on areas you need more coverage or keeping it light. Used with the Real Techniques stippling brush it's one of the best foundations I've ever used.

themessyapron Thu 06-Feb-14 00:53:48

I bought some of that foundation the other day but won't use it now as someone told me on here it is stuffed full of alcohol. Have overhauled my skin care regime and won't put any harsh, drying alcohol on it again. It's the third highest ingredient, after water and something else.

Deathwatchbeetle Thu 06-Feb-14 22:17:09

Yes I have the 24 hour one.

Well, i am happy with it as it stays on. I have combi skin so as long as I have a decent cream underneath on the drier bits it should be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now