Talk

Advanced search

Perfume that smells like a stronger version of Eau Dynamisante

(16 Posts)
nickdrakeslovechild Wed 05-Feb-14 15:31:07

That's it pretty much, I'm trying to find a perfume that smells like a stronger version of Eau Dynamisante, I love it, but wears off too quickly even if I layer it with the shower gel. I've just not come across anything else like it.

Any ideas?

FrugalFashionista Wed 05-Feb-14 16:29:14

This blogger suggest Eau Sauvage. Diorella has been reformulated but is difficult to get hold of. You should find it and be able to try it at every men's department. Steer clear of the 'parfum' concentarion.

I love Eau Sauvage and wear it every now and then - women have worn it since it was launched. There is a big family of related herby colognes, including Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud and L'eau de l'Artisan. If you like heavier and woodier stuff, Acqua di Parma is worth a try. Fleeting duration is a family characteristic of citrus colognes, they are very volatile top notes and meant for splashing, you can get long wearing time only with chemical trickery.

DrNick Wed 05-Feb-14 17:00:20

Agree eau sauvage. I was convinced for ages that h was using my ED

homeanddry Wed 05-Feb-14 17:18:03

Really?! Brilliant. I love Eau Dynamisante but wouldn't fork out £££ when it wears off after an hour.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Wed 05-Feb-14 17:19:21

Another vote for eau savage.

polyhymnia Wed 05-Feb-14 17:23:42

Yes agree with all . I wear Eau Dynamisamte for every day and Annick Goutal Eau du Sud when I want something stronger.
Also like and have often worn Eau Sauvage and like smell of but haven't bought Dior's Escale a Portofino.

FrugalFashionista Wed 05-Feb-14 17:30:22

If you like ES, google Eau Sauvage Rene Gruau - you are in for a treat <nostalgic sigh> And sorry about shocking spelling and grammar today - multitasking, not very successfully

Financeprincess Wed 05-Feb-14 18:29:43

Roger & Gallet's Jean Marie Farina perfume smells a lot like Eau Dynamisante. M&S do it, and it was 20% off yesterday.

Diorella also very nice, as noted above.

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 06-Feb-14 09:45:26

ooh great suggestions thank you!

I am heading off to have a sniff. Not even thought of mens which is daft as I used to wear mens fendi and loved that. Have just ordered a bottle of the Roger & Gallet's Jean Marie Farin anyway as really like all their things. Thanks for all the help.

mcgilly Thu 06-Feb-14 10:27:41

Eau Sauvage and Diorella are great suggestions. The original O de Lancôme is also quite citrussy but more powdery ... Not the horrible fruity incarnations.

polyhymnia Thu 06-Feb-14 10:32:06

Yes, O de Lancôme used to be my everyday scent before I started on Eau Dynamisante.

Wilding Thu 06-Feb-14 10:35:17

Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino is also pretty similar (though much more expensive!)

mcgilly Fri 07-Feb-14 01:34:53

It's 40 degrees here today and I am wearing Hermes Concentre D'orange Verte. Hermes do great citrus scents.

polyhymnia Fri 07-Feb-14 10:45:21

Ye, that Hermes one is nice. Can never decide what I think about the Tom Ford one - some lovely citrus notes but also has some sweet ones that are not for me. Hate any sweetness in a perfume.

Eliza22 Fri 07-Feb-14 11:40:53

It's annoying isn't it? I love the Clarins Eau D but no, it doesn't last. I asked at Clarins and they said that's the whole idea of it ... It's a light, multi-spray "swoosh" of uplifting spray. It doesn't therefore, have the power to 'develop'.

Eliza22 Fri 07-Feb-14 11:42:39

Oh, should say that I do do, is layer it. I use the deodorant spray and the amazing (but again expensive) Eau D body lotion and as a summer scent, it does last longer. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now