Talk

Advanced search

LK Bennett worth it?

(15 Posts)
Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 10:37:58

I've been looking for some shoe boots for ages, plain black leather with a high heels, chunky but not too chunky. These are the closest I have found so far. I tried them on and they fit lovely and seem easy to walk in, but they seem such a lot of money for a not really all that brand, iyswim?

I shouldn't really be buying anything this month as have lots to pay out school trips, kits etc. but in desperate need of something that not a knee high boot, smarter than an ankle/biker boot, suitable for work and closed in so I don't get wet feet walking the dc to school before work. They must be leather and not too shiney, not suede.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 10:38:22

oh and size 8 for my big feet blush

Lavenderhoney Wed 05-Feb-14 10:42:11

They seem very expensive for what they are, and personally I have found their stuff doesn't last, isn't that great quality and they are VERY difficult about returns.

I'm not sure the shoe boot is a long term investment ( sure someone will be along with ideas on that) so I would spend a quarter of that. I just have, in the sale at debenhams for pretty much the same style.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 10:48:44

I can't find any in Debenhams, perhaps not available in my size?

I found some in Next but the heel slightly too chunky and the vamp a bit too high. so not quite right. I think the LK Bennett ones are too expensive, although just seen they are available for same price in next directory so if I brought them would order them that way as the returns policy is better.

I've looked in town and visited every shoe shop/store that sold shoes I could think of, but no luck. trust me to like the most expensive ones I've seen.

Snowdown Wed 05-Feb-14 10:50:36

There footwear isn't built with longevity in mind - I had to glue the sole on my shoes after their first wear.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 10:51:16

I like these too, if only they were leather. Kendra

bunnymother Wed 05-Feb-14 11:07:46

Do you like these? www.modainpelle.com/pdp.aspx?productcode=011934&source=webgains&siteid=40957&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=webgains

bunnymother Wed 05-Feb-14 11:08:56

Or these? www.modainpelle.com/pdp.aspx?productcode=008703&source=webgains&siteid=40957&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=webgains

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 11:19:21

thank you bunnymother, I do like them, worth a try at those prices too.

bunnymother Wed 05-Feb-14 11:33:30

Good luck with them! I like LK Bennett, but it is a bit spendy.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 12:44:50

I've got the sledge ? shoes in black and they are lovely, but finding he soles wear out quite quickly. These looked and felt sturdier though. haven't brought LK Bennett for a few years now, so wasn't sure if the quality had declined like everywhere else.

bunnymother Wed 05-Feb-14 12:51:52

They are leather soles, aren't they? DH has some Russell & Bromley shoes that came with leather soles. I had them re-soled about 3 times within 6 months, as he wore through them so quickly, then moved to rubber soles - now they are totally fine.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 12:55:14

Oh you are clever Bunny, never even occurred to me to get them resoled in anything other than leather. thanks One problem solved.

bunnymother Wed 05-Feb-14 13:16:02

Err, I may have only found out that rubber is more durable after getting VERY grumpy with the poor shoe repair man about his flimsy soles. I'm sure he thought I was a fool for not knowing. Some people love leather soles, but I find them slippery, and they seem to wear out very quickly (including getting holes = wet feet)

I think rubber soles mainly come in black, but you can probably just get the bit of the sole that touches the ground done in rubber and leave the rest as is?

PrimalLass Wed 05-Feb-14 13:33:27

There are some threads on here detailing quite how bad the customer service can be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now