Talk

Advanced search

Mac products

(16 Posts)
mummytasha11 Wed 05-Feb-14 09:47:05

Can anyone recommend their favourite must have mac products?

Hear loads of people rave about it and fancy trying it out

pinkpeoniesx Wed 05-Feb-14 10:00:46

Strobe cream moisturiser is amazing. Gives a lovely glow under makeup.
Mineralize skin finish powder is great too, stays matte for ages without going cakey.
Fix+ spray is one of my faves, you spray it like a setting spray when you've finished your makeup and it gives a gorgeous dewy finish. You can use it to wet a brush to turn Mac pigments/eyeshadows into more of an eyeliner consistency, use it as a pick me up on bare skin and I even use it to tame fly away hairs!
The lipsticks have great staying power too. My faves are Rebel and Flat Out Fabulous.
Everything I've tried has great staying power and is very highly pigmented so a little goes a long way smile

jumperooo Wed 05-Feb-14 10:06:26

Depends what your skin is like. The colour range with MAC is great - eye shadows, lipsticks etc. But their foundations are thick and heavily formulated, they are based on stage make up. I had the Select foundation and it wrecked my skin. If you have sensitive skin then I would avoid. I'm of the opinion that heavy foundation causes bad skin long term. I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer now.

DesperateHousewife21 Wed 05-Feb-14 11:36:58

Ive tried a fair amount as I used them for my wedding make up and they give you products after for free.

Ive tried the mascara, foundation, powder, eyeshadow, lipgloss, eyeliner, concealer and bb cream.

I didnt like the mascara, it was v thick and gloopy and absolutely coated my eyelashes to the point where it didnt even look like I had individual lashes!
The foundation is OK not brill but not too thick a little bit drying but I do have dry skin.

Everything else Ive tried is fab and love it but I guess it depends on skin type and colours.

Have also got their foundation brush and hydrating eye cream which is amazing.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Wed 05-Feb-14 13:06:30

the pressed powder I great, good for touch ups throughout the day, I use it with a brush in the morning and just pat over t-zone as needed. I'm not a fan of loose powder s find it very messy.

I really like the pencil eyeliners too.this is great moisturiser too

DitaVonCreamTeas Wed 05-Feb-14 13:14:54

Strobe Cream is amazing. I also love their eyeshadows; the colour you seen in the pallet is the colour you seen on your skin, very strongly pigmented and lasts ages. Great gel eyeliner. Fabulous range of make-up brushes too. I love MAC. grin

GatoradeMeBitch Wed 05-Feb-14 13:18:09

The only MAC products I will always buy are their paint pots - Painterly and Soft Ochre are fantastic eyeshadow bases. Quite often I will just put Bare Study or Painterly on my lids and leave it at that (Painterly covers all veining and discolouration, it's a great product.)

FrugalFashionista Wed 05-Feb-14 13:22:01

Not a huge fan but love and constantly use their brushes.

EternallyJuggling Wed 05-Feb-14 13:25:58

Recently got their BB Cream and I love it, but then I usually struggle as I've got a really pale skin tone, so have to spend £££'s on Bobbi Brown on the internet.

Only thing is it's a bit shiny after application, but their translucent powder stops this, and doesn't make me look caked.

Sillysarah49 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:32:03

I would agree with jumperoo. Their stuff if very heavily pigmented. I bought a concealer several years ago, thought it was the best concealer ever - my dark circles were completely obliterated and covered any little spots perfectly. Then I noticed I was getting more and more spots. Then I developed cysts under my eyes and ended up in hospital having them cut out - which was truly awful. If you have sensitive skin - avoid.

AnnaLegovah Wed 05-Feb-14 14:38:26

I HATED their strobe cream - its too shimmery. It never left my skin feeling truly moisturised, just slightly 'tacky' with a pallor similar to that of a Twilight vampire..

But I love their eyeshadows and lip gloss. Found the mascara to be nothing special.

AnnaLegovah Wed 05-Feb-14 14:39:28

Oh, and beware if you're wearing strobe cream and having your photo taken with a flash, even with foundation on top it still made my skin look shiny. confused

QuinnFabray Wed 05-Feb-14 16:00:49

MAC mineralize skinfinish natural is the best finishing powder I've tried. It's one of the few products I consistently repurchase. Along with the Prep and prime SPF 50 primer. Their eyebrow pencils are very good too. And the lipsticks are generally good.

KeepTheCarRunning Wed 05-Feb-14 17:21:37

Agree with PP that their foundations are very tough on sensitive skin. I used mac before discovering bobbi brown. Lipsticks are ok if somewhat drying...

plentyofsoap Wed 05-Feb-14 17:39:38

There pressed powder and blusher are excellent. Mascara is shockingly bad though.

ihatethecold Wed 05-Feb-14 17:53:19

Hate their mascara and foundation.
I had a make up session in one of the shops. They made me orange.
Love the prep and prime for eyelids.
Not keen on the lipstick I bought either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now