Talk

Advanced search

Where to get decent knickers?

(20 Posts)
DollyDaisy Tue 04-Feb-14 21:48:25

I've recently turned 40 and in my post-maternity (DC2 and final!) wardrobe overhaul have been horrified by the manky state of my underwear

I've slung out the sensible big pants from Pre and post birth and am left with a random collection of g-strings which have long seen better days blush

So what sort of knickers should I now be wearing and where on earth do I find them?

Have looked in M&S and house of Fraser but am baffled. What is everyone wearing once beyond the really skimpy stuff, but long before granny pants are required. And how much do I need to pay? Don't mind paying for quality but some knickers I've seen are £30 a pair!!

Weelady77 Tue 04-Feb-14 23:19:12

Primark have fab knickers in all styles I love there shorts and at £1.50 a pair you can't go wrong and wash up great smile

LimeLelloLizard Tue 04-Feb-14 23:27:21

I'm in the same boat DollyDaisy, hoping for some suggestions...

Primark stresses me out but maybe I'll have to go and look.

TheEmpress Tue 04-Feb-14 23:32:54

I lie m and s brazilian knickers. Comfortable and quite bit, but shaped in a nice way.

RonaldMcDonald Tue 04-Feb-14 23:35:09

I'm out and proud I wear M&S midis and Brazilians
Both vair comfy

phoolani Tue 04-Feb-14 23:36:41

Brazilians or shorties, both are good. I always but knickers a least a size too big (sometimes two) - can't stand any kind of 'dip in' at the elastic - and it's all good then whatever the style!

ItsaMissTerri Tue 04-Feb-14 23:36:50

Had the same dilemma a few years ago and through a process of trial and error and a fair few quid I came across the Triumph Amourette 300 maxi brief. They're about £20 but brilliant quality, fit and a nice range of colours and cover up enough (ahem!)without being bigpantish. not actually bought any others since And sometimes you can get offers online.

Lullabyte Tue 04-Feb-14 23:42:07

Good post, OP! I'm in a similar situation and it's quite frustrating.

I'm looking for a seamless non-thong cut to wear with skinny jeans - somehow I don't think Primark is the place.

I used to only wear the lovely Cosabella mesh thongs but they're just not right for me anymore since falling in love with my gigantic cheap cotton post-birth grannie knickers that I've recently thrown away.

blueblackdye Tue 04-Feb-14 23:44:37

Briefs from John Lewis, they come in white, black or nude, £10 a pack of 3. They are comfy, seamless, a bit plain but do the job.

bramblina Tue 04-Feb-14 23:47:06

Oooh me too....watching with intent.

The only ones I have that I still like are the no-seam ones in a really light fabric that give no vpl. From M&S.

bramblina Tue 04-Feb-14 23:51:48

Had to Google the Triumph, istamissterri, and found them in blue for �10 if you're a size 12 or 18!!!

http://www.crazyclearance.co.uk/shop/amourette-300-maxi-brief/EC353/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=8339&gclid=CL_3yPPUs7wCFSvHtAodZAgAJA#colour:Blue,size:

ItsaMissTerri Wed 05-Feb-14 00:01:51

Bargain klaxon..just found the triumph pants for £12.60 Bhs online free delivery too

dexter73 Wed 05-Feb-14 07:56:21

I had to search for new knickers as M&S stop selling the ones I liked. I got some from Gilly Hicks in the sale for £2.99 a pair. They are bikini style and came in lots of colours and patterns (don't like boring pants!). I will definitely get them again.

littleomar Wed 05-Feb-14 07:58:59

Uniqlo shorts.

NowRising Wed 05-Feb-14 08:03:59

I'm 36. I usually buy from M&S for shorts/ brazillian - nice shape, really comfy, wash well, don't fall down. I tend to buy a size bigger than I am to avoid any squidging either side of the elastic.

Primark also ok although the ones I get from there tend to fall apart quickly.

carrie74 Wed 05-Feb-14 08:22:17

I like gap and Victoria's Secret (but buy these when in the US). These are for cotton bikinis/boy shorts/brazillians.

Whitecat Wed 05-Feb-14 08:23:35

I like M&S briefy/short no VPL ones. Usually 3 for a tenner. Asda also do similar and they have been surprisingly good - bought about 8 months ago and still great. Definitely go a size larger for all forms of knicker.

Moggy72 Wed 05-Feb-14 08:26:39

Recently stopped by a TK Maxx - spent about 20 pounds and bought 6 pairs of nice Calvin Klein midi style knickers.

mscnile Wed 05-Feb-14 08:38:49

I wear M&S no VPL shorts, 3 for £10 too

hettie Wed 05-Feb-14 09:08:35

Bonds (Australian brand), you will become obsessive about tracking them down once worn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now