Talk

Advanced search

Freya bras - how true to size are they?

(7 Posts)
HeadFullofSteam Tue 04-Feb-14 16:40:13

After a bra intervention and having worn a 36GG before, I have decided I am probably a 32H. I have tried on in the shops one or two styles in a 34GG and a 34H but struggled to find anything in a 32H to actually try, only one Gorgeous one in Debenhams which was a teeny bit tight, and I have seen on here that they come up small, so am going to order a couple in a 32H online.

I have found some nice looking Freya ones which are actually pretty and nice colours - styles like this one www.belle-lingerie.co.uk/2507/Freya/1331-1332-Freya-Ivy-Balcony-Bra-Midnight-Ember/

Can anyone advise how they fit? The only Freya one I managed to try on when shopping was a padded one, can't remember if was a 34GG or a 34H but it seemed massive on me!

Freya are fairly true, if anything running a tad big. Debenhams gorgeous however are known to be small in the back. So if the Gorgeous 32 was a sniff tight, definitely try on the 32 in Freya

I'm guessing the padded one you tried would have been the Freya Deco, which only goes up to a GG so it must have been the 34GG you tried. However, IME it's quite big in the cups (probably about a size bigger than other freyas). I'd try the 32GG and 32H probably

Confitdecanard Tue 04-Feb-14 16:53:58

I bought a Freya bra today. It is a nursing bra. In other makes (Royce, Panache) I was a 36J, I needed a 36H in the Freya. The lady measuring (Bravissimo), said Freya have a tendency to come up a bit bigger in the cup.

HeadFullofSteam Tue 04-Feb-14 16:55:59

SC is there nothing you don't know about bras?! Yes it was this Deco one www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_150010142602_-1

I will order a non padded one in a 32GG and a 32H.

Thank you wise bra guru smile

Allthingsprettyreturns Tue 04-Feb-14 17:57:54

Compared to Fantasie,for me, they are just uncomfortable. I was told they were smaller in the cups so I went down on tje under the boob measurement and up a cup and the ones that I own are still pretty uncomfortable.

Funny I'm the opposite Allthings - although they're not the best for me. I think most people seem to have one or two brands which suit their boobs better so will feel "comfier" because the wire shape, cup width, projection etc suits their breast shape. But for someone else at the same size the same bra will be hell!

Aquelven Tue 04-Feb-14 20:16:54

Why oh why can't these firms standardise their sizes so buying doesn't have to be such a lottery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now