Talk

Advanced search

�50 on hair colour & not happy!

(9 Posts)
WashingWashingWashing Tue 04-Feb-14 15:13:15

Had my hair coloured yesterday, I have very grey roots and it barely lasts 3 wks before it needs redoing.

To me it looks like my roots are still a bit obvious but the hairdresser said the grey is covered but that it's what they call 'opaque'. The colour looks kind of 'flat' to me.

She then bamboozled me with colour numbers etc and suggestions about what she could do differently next time.

Not sure whether to gave a go with that Clairol Root Touch Up myself - or will it look even worse?!

It doesn't look 'bad', just as if the greys are coming through already which having spent �50 I'm not thrilled about.

PS Going grey is NOT on my Agenda! Just. Can't. Do. It.

MrsLettuce Tue 04-Feb-14 17:11:47

You need to go back to the salon and complain, I'm afraid.

HaveAGoodDay Tue 04-Feb-14 17:44:29

Yes, agree with MrsLettuce. Go back & explain why you are not happy, they should offer to re- do your hair, without charging you again, if they do offer you another appointment, be sure that that you won't be charged. If they say they can't see what's wrong with your hair & they will re-do it but at an extra cost, say you are not accepting that (if you aren't talking to the salon owner at this stage, ask to do so!) if they still won't back down, explain that they leave you with no option but to discuss it further with trading standards! All in a friendly manner of course!

WashingWashingWashing Tue 04-Feb-14 18:09:40

It was the salon owner who did it! I feel a bit of a diva 'cause same thing happened a few months ago but a younger stylist did it that day (she'd done my hair on other occasions and is a good hairdresser) & she redid it there & then and it then looked fab. So I feel like I'm being awkward yet again insisting it looks wrong.

It's as if it needs to be left on a lot longer than usual for it to take. Why can't I be blonde?!
Am seriously considering getting a really good wig and sod all the colouring!

MrsLettuce Tue 04-Feb-14 18:16:48

Ach, at prices like that it needs to be right. Tell 'em!

WashingWashingWashing Tue 04-Feb-14 18:21:43

I've been using this salon for 20 years and only complained once in all that time! Now I feel like a right whinger!! grin

DolomitesDonkey Tue 04-Feb-14 18:50:14

Please go back. I was charged 200 last month and I was in such shock I paid and left! The lovely ladies here convinced me to phone in the morning and they fixed it for me. smile

WashingWashingWashing Tue 04-Feb-14 19:12:44

�200?! <faints> Was that for one treatment?

This was just a retouch on the roots - the main part of my hair holds the colour really well and doesn't need a colour on it that often.
And! It was only the roots near my parting, not really all over roots.

I don't mind paying a lot if I'm happy with the end result.
I might have a go doing it myself next time.

WashingWashingWashing Tue 04-Feb-14 19:14:45

Why do my � signs keep coming out as a ? on a black diamond background???!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now