Talk

Advanced search

What colours suit dd?

(4 Posts)
LalaDipsey Tue 04-Feb-14 14:24:55

I need some help! I have just tried loads of clothes on dd and can't seem to find a colour that suits her. She has very pale skin with blue eyes and bright strawberry blonde/gold hair. She has just turned 2 but because her hair is still only 1-2cm long she looks younger and she is very petite. Very thin and still in 12-18 or 18-24 clothing. I had thought yellow might suit, but no! Navy, but no! Any ideas? Thanks

sarlat Tue 04-Feb-14 14:56:44

Sounds similar to my own colouring. Try jewel or jade greens, violet, cerise, mid blue, stay away from orange, brown, white and cream and pale grey. Try to spot items around your house in a variety of colours and hold them under her face to se if they lift the eyes and complexion or not. E, g. Your clothes, food wrapping, toys, magazine images etc. The right colour makes all the difference, good luck.

jeee Tue 04-Feb-14 15:07:22

At 2 she may well have her own ideas. My eldest DD, for example, loved bright yellow. It didn't particularly suit her, but you know what? It made her happy.

FWIW, DD2 sounds similar in colouring to your DD, and looked her best in pale pastels. She didn't like them, though, and preferred to wear mario cart t-shirts.

LalaDipsey Tue 04-Feb-14 15:11:29

Thank you that's very helpful. Yes she definitely has her own ideas - she doesn't like pink, often tries to wear her twin brothers clothes and is veering towards yellows and greys!! The thing is the wrong colour does look AWFUL on her, whereas with dd1 and dts they have colours they look best in, but nothing really looks wrong. Purple definitely works for her will try some of the other suggestions grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now