Talk

Advanced search

Backless dresses and sticky bras

(15 Posts)
Sunnyshine Tue 04-Feb-14 14:13:22

So can anyone recommend those sticky bras that hold your boobs up when you wear a backless dress. Can definatly not wear a bra as backless to bottom of back. Let me know any recommendations

takingthathometomomma Tue 04-Feb-14 14:20:09

Depends on the size of your boobs, but I think this one is quite good! www.asos.com/Fashion-Forms/Fashion-Forms-Nu-Ultralite-Bra/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=541788&cid=6748&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Nude

Sunnyshine Tue 04-Feb-14 14:22:20

Small boobs! 34b ish! Will look at the link. Thanks. Have you worn it?

callamia Tue 04-Feb-14 14:23:43

Do you really need a bra?
My wedding dress was backless and I just wore nipple petals. I was a (pre-child) C cup, and it was fine.
I'm now wondering whether I could ever do that again...

takingthathometomomma Tue 04-Feb-14 14:26:35

I've worn it a couple of times and I'm a 32C. It's fantastic - good support and sticks well too. Only trouble is taking it off without cringing at the nipple-peel! grin

Sunnyshine Tue 04-Feb-14 15:57:01

Nipple peel sounds painful!! Will watch out for that! I think I do need a bra as not pert enough!!! Won't need nipple covers as dress is quite thick material

vvviola Tue 04-Feb-14 16:23:54

Can't recommend any in particular, but I do have a word of warning - do a full dry run well before the event. I still have rather unpleasant flashbacks to my one attempt at using them: reaction to the glue, burning skin, couldn't get glue off properly so had to go the ball with itchy, burning, bare boobs. thank goodness for whiskey

Sunnyshine Tue 04-Feb-14 16:34:41

Vvviola ouch!!! Thanks for the advice! Is there enough sticky for more than one wear !

WhileWeSleep Tue 04-Feb-14 16:44:19

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005DNP3EW/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_vIr8sb12PB6YJ

Try these. I'm 36C and they worked great grin

What about a backless body - something like this

Also (sorry!), but have a read of one of the bra intervention threads...34B is actually a pretty rare size when fitted correctly

FrugalFashionista Tue 04-Feb-14 16:49:12

I have a sticky bra (34D) and I hate it, it's so sticky that it's too sticky! If you intention is to have any bedroom action afterwards, forget it! I'd go without and ended up buying silicone nipple petals. A very low cut bustiers might work too and might be much more fun to take off!

takingthathometomomma Tue 04-Feb-14 16:53:39

WhileWeSleep wow, I've never seen those before! They look great and are only 89p!

Sunnyshine Wed 05-Feb-14 12:05:07

No action as family room at hotel!!! Will look into all those options :-) will read bra threads too but seem to fit happily into my 34bs

Wilfer Thu 06-Feb-14 18:59:59

I got one from Selfridges for a v v tight dress which would have shown bra strap lines. It's like a normal underwired fabric bra for the cups but has no straps. It has silicon sides flaps which stick to your skin against your sides under your arms so no sticky nipples! Very comfy & good uplift. Think it was about £30 or so and came in several different cup sizes.

WaitingForMe Thu 06-Feb-14 19:12:21

I second a test run. A friend ended up in the bath in the early hours with her boyfriend trying to angle the shower head against her breast in the hopes that that would help unstick it. (It did)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now