Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are there any bra gurus about to help me with sizing please?

(7 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 04-Feb-14 13:57:05

I am in pain! I have lost a bit of weight lately yay! but now my bras are too loose and making me sore boo!. I need nursing bras as I'm breastfeeding but I'm planning to stop in May when DS3 is 18 months so I'm hoping to buy a couple of bras over the Internet to keep me going until then since I live in the sticks and can't easily get to a 'proper' lingerie shop. But to do that I need a rough idea of my size.

Last time I was fitted by Bravissimo I was 33" underbust and 41" at the fullest part and they sold me a couple of Panache Sophie bras in size 32HH. Now I'm 29" under and 39" around and I thought it would be easiest to order more Panache Sophie bras. So if I've dropped 4" under bust I assume I need a 28" band. But I'm confused on the cup size: the 10" difference suggests a GG cup but I'm not certain what would be the best size to start with. If anyone could give me any pointers I would be very grateful.

SorrelForbes Tue 04-Feb-14 14:00:02

Try a 28H/GG and a 30GG/G. I suspect the 28H will be the best fit.

StuntNun Tue 04-Feb-14 14:07:28

Thanks so much Sorrel, speedy response too! smile It's a long time since I've been a 28. I used to be a G cup waaaay back when so if I've gone up to an H cup at the same back size maybe I shouldn't stop breastfeeding. wink

HazleNutt Tue 04-Feb-14 14:33:15

Nursing bras are the work of devil. I'm bf, GG/H cup and got sick of the sweaty droopy monoboob that nursing bras give you. So just bought normal underwired bras and converted them myself. So much better!

StuntNun Tue 04-Feb-14 15:50:42

Sounds like a good move Hazle wishes I was good at sewing.

The bra I want doesn't come in a size 28 back shock so I'll have to look elsewhere. Is size 28 unusual? I take a size 12 or 14 in tops so I'm hardly the skinniest person around.

HazleNutt Tue 04-Feb-14 16:08:52

I'm not good at sewing the least and even I can manage - google convert nursing bra.
Size 28 women are not unusual, size 28 bras unfortunately are, as most high street bra fitters would put you in a 34..

Sigh...28s aren't unusual when fitted properly - I'm a borderline 28/30 and probably average a size 14 these days. But most shops still do +4/5 so the 28s are wearing 32 or 34s...

In reality we need 26s, 24s and probably a small number of 22s to start being manufactured.

If you are not comfortable sewing then you could try Ewa Michalak - at 29" underbust you will probably find her 30s ok (they tend to be a bit smaller than Panache IME) link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now