Talk

Advanced search

Skincare products in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
TheJumped Tue 04-Feb-14 13:16:13

I'm early days into a high risk pregnancy - just wondered if I should be thinking a bit more about my skincare etc due to chemicals?

I use

Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean cleanser (salycilic acid dodgy?)
No7 Beautiful Skin moisturiser
Nuxe facial oil (aromatherapy oils dodgy?)
Nivea blue pot cream
Nivea deodorant roll on
Soap and Glory body wash, can't remember name but smells glorious, highly perfumed
YSL or Bourjois HM foundation
Palmers cocoa butter body moisturiser

Is there anything I should be avoiding? I know not to have hot baths or use retin a.

tiggy02 Tue 04-Feb-14 15:02:15

personally i would use natural or organic products. There are a number of chemicals you may want to avoid anyway - you can see a list here http://thepureemporia.com/ingredients-to-avoid but that's in general so not sure about pregnancy specific ones.

Walnut8 Wed 05-Feb-14 06:07:57

I avoided salicylic acid, any products with vit a derivatives, and a number of essential oils (can't remember specifically which ones, could probably google which ones could be avoided, but I know that many of them were too harsh for me anyway while I was pregnant). After experimenting with mineral foundations and natural deodorant, I quickly returned to my usual products though!! I've read to avoid anything highly perfumed as it messes with some or other - this may be just chemical scents though, I'm not sure? I couldnt stand really heavy scents in any case, they made me gag. Sorry, this probably isn't really that helpful!

Bodicea Wed 05-Feb-14 07:54:00

What walnut said;
To take some of the brainwork out I it I used some of the mamamio range which is lovely x
I didn't get overly obsessed though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now