Talk

Advanced search

Tea dress - like Boden flower show but more flattering?

(11 Posts)
Enchancia Mon 03-Feb-14 23:34:38

I'm looking for a 'tea dress' to wear for a family photograph session we've got booked in May (being organised for once before things sell out!). Thinking something cheerful, spring colours, maybe some pinks (since I need to coordinate with 2x DD who will wear nothing but at the moment confused). I ordered Boden flower show dress in the multicolour pastel print, but it's hideous on - I look like an overgrown child. Any ideas of where to get something similar but more flattering / grown up looking?!

mirpuppet Tue 04-Feb-14 10:44:12

Personally I would go for a neutral colour that looks good on you. Let your DD have the florals and you just look fantastic as their mother in a colour that is good for you.

No need for over grown child look.

JollyMarie79 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:47:07

How about a vintage boutique? Or eBay? I have a lovely yellow and pink boden tea dress from eBay that I love and it was only £11.

MyNameIsKenAdams Tue 04-Feb-14 10:50:14

I ordered a blue bird pribt tea dress from House of Fraser and they had a few in floral prints too. It was aroubd �57.

I have this dress which is flattering and comfy (comes up bit big)

www.joules.com/Women/Dresses/Marilyn/Womens-Dress/Ruby-Border-Heron-Grey?id=Q_MARILYN|TAUPOSY

Enchancia Tue 04-Feb-14 11:27:55

Thanks all!

Mirpuppet - I think that is wise advice actually. My trouble is I'm very pale and tend to always wear black or navy as my 'neutral' which just doesn't look good with the pink and pastels favoured by DDs. Thought I'd branch out for once and get something different but am now thinking there's a reason I don't normally wear florals!

Am going to have a look at some of those options suggested by others (thanks v much!) but if I have no luck with that then I do think grown-up neutral makes sense!

Make sure you look like " you " in the photo shoot.

If you normally wear jeans, wear jeans!

( but I guess I don 't like posed photos anyway)

Umlauf Tue 04-Feb-14 14:15:00

Cath Kidston do some nice spring dresses from time to time.

burnishedsilver Tue 04-Feb-14 14:23:01

We had family photos done and I was sorry I wore a pattern. It took away from the photos. You want the focus to be on the faces, not the clothes.

burnishedsilver Tue 04-Feb-14 14:24:12

Also, the photographer said that we would all wear toning colours. We didnt. It was a mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now