Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So I have got rid of ALL my size 12 clothing...

(7 Posts)
trainersandaches Mon 03-Feb-14 15:40:55

What should I buy next?

I have been losing weight (a stone and a half so far) and am into a size 10 (I'm 5'2). Planning to get to a size 6-8 like when I was 23. I have a few staples from Whistles, American Apparel, Warehouse, Oasis and so on.

But I want to buy some classics that I can update with scarves, necklaces and coloured tights. I am a HoC spring with highlighted hair and bluey-green eyes.

In my casual winter/spring wardrobe that fits I now pretty much have:

A pair of cherry jeans
A pair of patterned trousers
A pair of black trousers
Two pairs of mum jeans - bootcut Diesel indigo
Cream lace and silk top
Numerous bland fitted t-shirts - grey marl, brown, black etc
Several kneelength woolly and jersey dresses
A few coloured cardigans
Lots of scarves/pashminas

I was thinking of getting some slightly 'fashion' things like a short mustard/yellow jumper that I can also pair with dresses for work.

What else should I be looking to bolster my wardrobe with that won't date too much?

Walnut8 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:03:33

a black well-cut/fitted blazer?

some nice silk/georgette/drapey style blouses? (warehouse have quite a few like this www.warehouse.co.uk/zip-front-l/s-blouse/shirts-&-blouses/warehouse/fcp-product/6233082277)

pencil or tube skirt?

Brave to ditch all of your size 12 stuff!

Sunnyshine Tue 04-Feb-14 14:18:32

Trainers that's fab weightloss. How have you done that . Same height and initial same size as me!!

trainersandaches Tue 04-Feb-14 17:00:28

Ooh what's a tube skirt Walnut? Like one of the ones from Hush? That blouse is lovely! Yep I kind of chucked my size 12 clothes on a whim, I am determined not to need them again and most were just from Tesco and Sainsbury's anyway, so my new look is to wear slightly better quality clothing

Sunny I got a bike and started cycling to work last year, and also started going to Slimming World initially, then had a break and started at Weight Watchers at the start of 2014. So it's been quite a long road and I haven't regained, so with any luck I won't need those size 12s again!

How did you lose weight? Are you changing your wardrobe?

FourAndDone Tue 04-Feb-14 17:12:34

Oh no did you really just chuck them! I need size 12 after putting on weight after quitting smoking sadgrin

trainersandaches Tue 04-Feb-14 17:24:52

Four they were really quite tatty to be honest! I have kept a few bits I was going to send to the charity shop - a grey pinstripe warehouse skirt and a couple of work dresses if you'd like them? Message me if so and I will post them.

Walnut8 Wed 05-Feb-14 05:36:45

Tube skirt. This one would be quite long on you though, so best to try on a few and see the best length - they work really well depending on where they fall on your leg. I have one I bought in Warehouse years ago which I still wear.

Yes I love that blouse. Very versatile, can be dressed up or down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now