Talk

Advanced search

I look like a Goth panda. Please fix my eye liner.

(16 Posts)
growltigersontheloose Mon 03-Feb-14 15:18:55

I leave the house fine, 10 minutes later I look a right mess.

My eyelid tends to be fine. I use Urban Decay Potion Primer, Urban Decay or Smashbox eyeshadow then either eye shadow as eyeliner, applied with one of those angled brushes or black eyeliner pencil (Urban Decay, the one that comes in the palettes). This all stays put.

But then we get to the under eye...disaster. I currently use Smashbox Under eye primer and Bare Minerals powder. I use the same eyeliner as above, but it always travels down my face in no time and I look awful.

Any suggestions? I have quite oily skin. Thanks in advance.

TallulahBetty Mon 03-Feb-14 16:34:03

I swear by MUA's fixing spray. Keeps my makeup on all day.

Is it definitely the liner? I had this problem and it turned out to be my mascara going for a walk

RonaldMcDonald Mon 03-Feb-14 16:45:17

i quite like smudgy eyemake up on youths under their eyes
i don't put any on under my eye as I think that, at my age, it ages me

it is my understanding that make up wanders when it is in contact with oil or grease of any sort
could you try a gel eyeliner ?

slug Mon 03-Feb-14 16:52:25

Not cheap, but this is the only eyeliner I've ever tried that does not end up on my cheeks after an hour.

growltigersontheloose Mon 03-Feb-14 17:22:34

I might try another mascara as well, as that maybe be part of the problem. It is a lot worse if I use an eye pencil, and today I can see that the eye shadow colour has drifted down beneath that crease under the eye.

RonaldMcDonald - unfortunately I am no longer in my youth ;-p Pre-baby, I used to aim for this look, now it just makes me look even tireder than I really am (which is pretty tired!)

Can you use liquid and gel liners on your lower lashes? How do you get a daytime look? I can imagine a night look, but would they be a bit strong for day?

The Estee Lauder doublewear mascara is fab and doesn't shift. I think there is a liner too

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Mon 03-Feb-14 17:37:56

I use benefit stay don't stray eye primer and their little pots of eye cream make up. Never strays!

growltigersontheloose Mon 03-Feb-14 18:26:11

I really want to avoid any brands that test on animals. Unfortunately, I just discovered that my beloved Smashbox are on the naughty list! It's quite recent, they used to be okay. They sell in China apparently where all cosmetics are tested on animals by law. Unfortunately, Benefit and Mac are on the no no list as well. Which is a massive shame as I wanted to try the Benefit Erase Paste mentioned in the Under Eye Concealer thread currently ongoing.

BumPop Mon 03-Feb-14 19:36:27

Tallulah, I've been looking at fixing sprays. However, I always use loose powder to stop shine. Do I use fixing spray on top? Instead of?

TallulahBetty Mon 03-Feb-14 19:58:00

I use powder, then fixing spray. It dries and everything is matte again. Honestly, it has been a revelation for me. I walk to and from work in all weathers and my makeup is still perfect at the end of the day smile

BumPop Tue 04-Feb-14 22:03:08

Good to know, thank you. smile

growltigersontheloose Wed 05-Feb-14 09:39:21

I've had a go at advice I found on other threads here (it's a common problem!) and there is a definite improvement. I tried:

waiting at least 10 minutes between moisturising and putting on make up (to make sure all oil sinks in)
not using eye cream during the day
putting powder over the liner to fix it into place.

It's not perfect, but it's much better without spending money on new products.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 05-Feb-14 09:52:00

Do you actually need liner under your eyes? I think it can be a bit ageing. Estee Lauder double wear is great, seems expensive but its actually twice the size of most liners so if it was half the size it would be about 9 quid, which doesn't seem so bad. Did that make ANY sense?hmm blush confused grin

growltigersontheloose Thu 06-Feb-14 15:00:04

Perfect sense! grin
I don't need liner under my eyes, but I like the rock look so I prefer it. I think I might lose it for day time though (you're right, it is ageing. I'm quite horrified how much having a child has aged me!!) Then I can just use liquid/gel for special occasions/nights out (ha!).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Feb-14 15:20:52

Having a child knackers you, no one warns yousad grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now