Talk

Advanced search

M&s wide calf friendly boots have worn out already, I need something else!

(19 Posts)
jennimoo Mon 03-Feb-14 15:17:46

I excitedly ordered some of the m&s stretch zip boots in November as they actually did up! Unfortunately I went for the £50 non leather instead of the £100 leather ones, partly as I wasn't sure I'd wear them a lot. Turns out I love them and have bought loads of dresses to wear.

these are be leather ones.

So now they've developed leaky holes and I returned them but they don't have either left in my size, so I have dresses and nothing to wear with them! I tried a couple on Jones and Clarks but either too small or go round the wrong part of the calf giving me a leg muffin top...

So is duo my only option? Do they have discounts / codes? There's a lovely one but £195 is a little too much...

Ps also cross with m&s as they made out that as they were a 'fashion boot' I'd worn them too much, since November!

WildThong Mon 03-Feb-14 15:25:15

Asda! Honestly, best value leather boots I've ever had. here. I have big calves too and have bought from duo as well, these are every bit as good. Black or brown.

jennimoo Mon 03-Feb-14 15:29:32

sad
Was going to order those asda ones but no 7s left!

WildThong Mon 03-Feb-14 16:54:40

Oh shame, maybe in store?

jennimoo Mon 03-Feb-14 17:08:45

I'll try and pop to our big asda and take a look.

TheJumped Mon 03-Feb-14 19:15:03

Could you squeeze into a 6.5? These are gorgeous and bargainous here

jennimoo Mon 03-Feb-14 19:26:29

Unfortunately I'm a 7 or 7.5 and I need brown sad very bargainous though.

candycrushhater Mon 03-Feb-14 19:28:27

Simply Be have loads of different boots in various calf widths. I've a couple of pairs and neither cost more than £50.

littlelime Mon 03-Feb-14 20:36:44

Definitely try Simply Be

Wheels79 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:46:29

Can't comment on quality but New Look do wide calf boots.

delasi Mon 03-Feb-14 23:38:42

I second Duo, I have a pair of black leather boots. They've always been comfy (ie no breaking in), watertight (have used them for 2 winters now and they've been used solidly as I don't have any other waterproof shoes blush), custom sizing for calf widths and very good prices in the sales. Still, I would buy full price as an investment in good shoes anyway; DM has several pairs that she has used for years and still in fantastic condition.

jennimoo Tue 04-Feb-14 16:16:31

I was buying a pair on simply be but the site didn't work well on my phone. I've since seen some nice ones in the duo same so will measure myself later and keep my fingers crossed there's something suitable!

jennimoo Tue 04-Feb-14 19:33:18

I have a pair of sale due boots on their way! £80 is such a bargain, I just hope they fit ok. Thanks for the info everyone.

laska42 Tue 04-Feb-14 19:42:06

Kurt Geiger Miss KG Britney wide calf boots here Black and brown on offer lots of sizes .... but sadly only Black in a 7 though

mumzuki Tue 04-Feb-14 19:44:00

Duo boots are expensive - but I have two pairs I bought over six years ago which are still going strong.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Tue 04-Feb-14 19:51:46

Duo are expensive, but my pair, which cost £150 are still absolutely fine 7 years after I bought them (apart from being re-heeled a few times). I wear them constantly every winter.

enriquetheringbearinglizard Tue 04-Feb-14 23:01:51

I have two pairs of Duo boots.
The lower heeled ones have been a four winter staple and the high heeled ones I can hardly walk in but they look amazing (kerb-venue only)

LimeLelloLizard Tue 04-Feb-14 23:28:54

Moshulu do a boot for wide calves. I have a normal width pair and they are quite wide anyway.

Bodicea Wed 05-Feb-14 22:34:52

I have large calves and had a mad trying on boot rampage year and a half ago. Surprisingly I found my salvation in the john lewis own brand. Worth a try. My gorgeous boots still going strong. Clarks are also good x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now