Talk

Advanced search

Trend for weather/tv presenters to wear very tight clothes. Am I just old?

(46 Posts)
ParsleyTheLioness Mon 03-Feb-14 08:24:05

Is it just me? Even on these slim women, doesn't seem to be a good luck. Tell me I am not alone in these thoughts! Please.

ParsleyTheLioness Mon 03-Feb-14 08:24:51

Good LOOK, not good luck, obs...

dexter73 Mon 03-Feb-14 09:21:41

Maybe it is so they don't obscure the map they are standing in front of. I always think they look quite good.

KatnipEvergreen Mon 03-Feb-14 10:29:31

I really don't like the fashion of skin tight panelled below the knee or just above the knee dresses anyway. It makes everyone look ten years older.

minko Mon 03-Feb-14 11:18:57

The blonde one on Channel 5 is barely dressed some evenings. Sorry to sound old fashioned but a one shouldered sparkly party dress to do the weather at 6.30 just seems weird!

HelloBoys Mon 03-Feb-14 11:20:28

the BBC breakfast news women always look well put together - Elizabeth Rizzini was dressed well today and she's pregnant.

TeacakeEater Mon 03-Feb-14 11:41:59

It's been a trend for a while. It used to be office wear in front of the weather map and it has morphed into going out gear. A few years ago I used to comment that they must be off to a party afterwards but now it's commonplace.
I had to laugh recently when on Countryfile the weatherman wore an open-necked checked shirt.

princessalbert Mon 03-Feb-14 11:44:25

I only ever see the morning BBC news.

The weather woman on there always has a nice dress on. I would say a day dress- not a going out dress.

TeacakeEater Mon 03-Feb-14 11:47:41

Scottish (female) newsreaders and weather presenters always look as if about to go out on the razzle. Except Sally Magnusson.

HelloBoys Mon 03-Feb-14 12:02:52

Carol Kirkwood bucks the trend always nice clothes but she apparently hates the bright colours she has to wear and would prefer black and white etc.

She was featured in Grazia last year as one of their icons.

AnyFucker Mon 03-Feb-14 12:05:26

Some of them look trussed up like a Xmas turkey

There is a very pretty dark haired one whose name escapes that has been talked about on here before. She bends that far backwards it looks painful and her clothes are so tight she can't breathe

I end up feeling worried for her when she is on smile

Financeprincess Mon 03-Feb-14 12:05:39

I think they all have stylists helping them to put together a work wardrobe. Perhaps the stylists wish they were 'doing' Hollywood stars and pick the look accordingly!

Louise Minchin (BBC breakfast) always looks good.

coffeeinbed Mon 03-Feb-14 12:09:28

Elizabeth Rizzini irritates the living daylights out of me.

I do like Louise M's dresses recently though.

Fairylea Mon 03-Feb-14 12:13:04

I always find myself looking at their bras and moaning if I can see the seams!

ParsleyTheLioness Mon 03-Feb-14 14:11:14

I am sure I saw some VPL today....

lookdeepintotheparka Mon 03-Feb-14 15:50:34

Some clothes do look excessively tight don't they shock

On our local news (Points West) there is a presenter who wears the tightest clothes - she looks really skinny on camera so goodness only knows how thin she is in rl!

They must be under a lot of pressure to keep their weight down.

flipchart Mon 03-Feb-14 15:52:34

Never really noticed to be honest. To busy planning my activities around the weather.

janmoomoo Mon 03-Feb-14 17:18:42

Yes. And massively high thin heels too. Incredibly tight bodycon dresses seem to be the order of the day. Sometimes it does look quite inappropriate for the activity they are doing (weather).

Rubybrazilianwax Mon 03-Feb-14 21:56:55

Yes bendy will definitely have a curvature of the spine in her old age. Her tops are far too tight

MamaMary Mon 03-Feb-14 21:59:08

It's ridiculous. And not that professional looking either.

Selks Mon 03-Feb-14 22:15:09

Yes it gets on my wick too. They could look good without having to wear a flesh revealing cocktail bloody dress. <glowers>

PoshPaula Tue 04-Feb-14 10:04:22

Is Carol Kirkwood the weather presenter on BBC? She looks awful. Can't stand her matronly clothes and those terrible 'shrug' cardigans, that do nothing for her figure.

Basically I agree that most presenters wear stuff that is too tight and makes them look blowsy.

sanschocolat Tue 04-Feb-14 10:40:07

You ought to see them on French tv.

seasalt Tue 04-Feb-14 11:00:00

https://www.google.ie/search?q=jean+byrne+clothes&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=acfwUpPiMYmw7QbA3YHYCA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672 this is our favourite weather presenter in Ireland

UriGeller Tue 04-Feb-14 11:05:01

Wtf seasalt? S&m weather? Does she talk about Golden Showers moving in from the east?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now