Talk

Advanced search

Home hair dye issue - any advice?

(5 Posts)
MrsCocoa Sun 02-Feb-14 21:19:20

I used a Fekkaki permanent home hair colour yesterday (picked up in Tk Maxx). Nice product - it included a pre-treatment to apply on all hair longer than 2" to avoid getting that too dark over-dyed build up of colour. It all worked out well except it seems I forgot to apply the pre-treatment to the long lengths in my fringe - which are now much darker than anywhere else (doh!). Is there a product that can gently lift some of the colour out or do I need to live with it?

HaveAGoodDay Sun 02-Feb-14 21:58:27

Crush approx 7-8 vitamin c effervescent tablets & mix them with about 3-4 tablespoons of clarifying shampoo (or any shampoo, but clarifying shampoo would work better). You should have a froffy mess. Massage into damp hair. Wrap in clingflim. Leave for about 45 mins - 1 hour. Wash out & condition. Should lift some of the colour out.

MrsCocoa Sun 02-Feb-14 23:05:04

Many thanks - is there any risk the vit C will do permanent damage to the condition of my hair?

HaveAGoodDay Tue 04-Feb-14 17:57:01

I've done it several times & as far as I can tell it hasn't affected the condition of my hair.

My hair has taken some abuse over the last 5 months or so as in terms of colouring etc, yet my hairdresser says its not in too bad condition.

The only thing I can't advise on is if you're pregnant & using the Vit C method - as it will be absorbed into your scalp & your obviously using more than one, so if you are pregnant then I'd seek advice from a pharmacist or GP first. God I can waffle on!

MrsCocoa Tue 04-Feb-14 22:21:10

Thanks very much for all your help - have stocked up with tablets and am about to try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now