Talk

Advanced search

Facial exercise s

(13 Posts)
sugar4eva Sun 02-Feb-14 20:16:23

Do they actually work or are fillers and Botox only things that do? I'm asking this with particular refs to drooping eye lips and nose to lip folds!

sugar4eva Mon 03-Feb-14 08:02:25

Bump

sugar4eva Mon 03-Feb-14 14:22:08

Anyone know ? smile

madmomma Mon 03-Feb-14 15:39:09

They certainly work for me. I use the facercise exercises by Carole Maggio. I swear by them and will do them forever.

sugar4eva Mon 03-Feb-14 19:37:57

Thankyou for reply ! I actually bought that book but failed to use! X

madmomma Mon 03-Feb-14 20:31:47

Put the time in to learn them. Youtube them too. It is sooo worth it.

squoosh Tue 04-Feb-14 11:43:16

I'm intrigued by the idea of facial exercises, would much rather try them than something more invasive. My only fear would be that they'd exacerbate any lines if I did them incorrectly.

How long have you been doing them madmomma?

consumersucker Tue 04-Feb-14 12:01:24

Well I have the same problem OP, with the nose to mouth lines and I've been considering fillers for the future. If I could get away with not going down that route, with a natural one, then I'm all for that!

madmomma, do they hurt? And how much time do you need to invest?

sugar4eva Tue 04-Feb-14 14:22:08

Squoosh I e mailed the company and you have to do properly but I have started and you can feel a burn / lactic acid when you do them right. I got the book : under ten pounds e bay.

madmomma Tue 04-Feb-14 15:26:36

I've been doing them for about 3 years, they don't hurt but they make the little muscles in your face ache a bit. Not for long though and it's only a little uncomfortable.

Time-wise the most time-consuming part is reading the book and properly learning the exercises so you're working the right muscles. Once you've learned them you can do them in front of the tele.

I do them most days in the evenings in front of the tele. I save the eye ones for the ad breaks so I don't miss anything grin The full routine takes about 15mins, but it's so second nature to me thatit doesn't feel like work.

twopeasinapod Tue 04-Feb-14 15:39:17

madmomma- could you possibly link to a good youtube tutorial or do you need to buy the book?

consumersucker Tue 04-Feb-14 15:47:14

So mad, how much improvement have you seen?

madmomma Tue 04-Feb-14 18:03:41

I'm very ashamed to say I can't do linkys blush

The demos of the exercises on youtube are good (often incidental as part of an interview IYSWIM), but that's to supplement the book, rather than replace it. She also does a DVD but I've not seen it.

For me, I used to have very baggy, puffy eyes, which have completely smoothed out. Somehow the shadows have diminished too, which could be due to better muscle tone/fluid drainage in that area.

I had totally flat cheeks, which are now much fuller (in a good way), my lips are plumper too.

You do the exercises which are tailored to your percieved problems. For me it was the puffy eyes, and I am delighted with the difference the facercise makes. There's no way any cream could have the same effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now