Talk

Advanced search

Necklines..

(3 Posts)
SmileAndNod Sun 02-Feb-14 17:13:20

Or more specifically, why can't I wear crew necks? They just seem to look all wrong on me. I ordered two boden cashmere crew necks, they arrived, beautiful colours (iris and breton), put them on and I just looked ridiculous - the breton slightly better.

Is it because I have quite broad shoulders? My shape in general? My measurements are 38 (32 under) bust, 29 waist and 39 hips. Am I just the wrong shape for clothes?

Nothing is looking quite right at the minute and I look a mess. Considering a style day from HoC but I'm guessing I'm a classic from a quiz I found on MN last week.

In the meantime, any tips for knitwear so I can at least stay warm?

Hopefully Sun 02-Feb-14 18:24:23

Best necklines are dictated by a combination of body shape, face shape and personality. My body shape allows for a sweetheart neckline, for example, but I feel like a tit. Crew necks don't perfectly 'match' my face shape, but go perfectly with my body shape and personality (as long as they are v fitted ones).

Sorry, that's not much help! I never really 'got' necklines beyond knowing that I couldn't do much cleavage until I did my hoc style day (but I'm a hoc consultant, so I would say that wink)

SmileAndNod Wed 05-Feb-14 17:29:22

Hmm. Think a style day may be in order, just would hate for it to be a bit of a waste as the colour day was - because I was already wearing / buying things in my colours.

Thank you for explaining, seems very complicated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now