Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend trainers with really solid sole that aren't too grim?

(9 Posts)
Notalwaysabowlofcherries Wed 29-Jan-14 12:56:25

I have a foot fracture and am finally out of my air boot (hurrah - massive air punch). BUT, I have to wear shoes with thick, non-bendy soles. Having looked through my collection of footwear it transpires most of my trainery type things are v. soft on the sole and flexible so no good. Biker boots weirdly more bendy on the sole than I'd have thought too (although there must be some more sturdier ones out there…). I need to wear these things for a good month, so ideally not something uber GYM would be best. Can anyone suggest any makes/models? Slightly random post, I know….. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

joydivisionovengloves Wed 29-Jan-14 13:02:22

Try an Adidas trainer with a flat sole eg Gazelle, Samba, Spezial, Beckenbauer or Trimm Trabb.

Notalwaysabowlofcherries Wed 29-Jan-14 13:05:39

Are they all quite non-bendy? If you are sure that is great and I might just order online. Talk about a speedy response! I love the power of MN.

TheAwfulDaughter Wed 29-Jan-14 13:07:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Notalwaysabowlofcherries Wed 29-Jan-14 14:18:37

Ha ha - Nike Air Max taking me out of my comfort zone…. mind you anything better than the white Asics gel numbers I'm sporting now….. Nike Blazers I like. Can anyone vouch for nice non bendy sole? Looks quite chunky so imagine must be fine…..

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 30-Jan-14 20:27:57

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 30-Jan-14 20:29:07

Notalwaysabowlofcherries Thu 30-Jan-14 21:44:50

Superb. Many thx, awfuldaughter; have ordered the blazer in a rather good deep red.

Notalwaysabowlofcherries Wed 05-Feb-14 09:54:27

Blazer fab. Really pleased.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now