MN Vogue - vol 30

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 20:46:53

A safe place to talk fashion stuff. Bring a passion for fashion (high end or high street), a positive state of mind and lots of links.
Continuing on from vol 29 here

LinusDKD Sat 04-Jan-14 21:05:51

Just popping in to mark my place for later!

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:09:24

QueenC PM
Linus waving x

Drywhiteplease Sat 04-Jan-14 21:09:46

Ah just realised I don't actually have stair rods......was getting rods and spindles mixed up Anni!!!!!! I was wondering how spindles could be bad with pets....obv babies could get their heads stuck in between spindles, but pets hmm.........and !no, I have not broken my no alcohol in January rule smile

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:10:59

Perhaps you should dry

QueenCadbury Sat 04-Jan-14 21:11:42

shop not sure why it didn't pin initially but have redone it.

OneLittleLady Sat 04-Jan-14 21:12:03

Have pinched your idea for a 2014 purchases board QueenC nothing to add as yet but am hopefully going to do a little shopping in the next few weeks. I'm in need a of a few basics like cardigans as a lot of mine are a bit threadbare now/have lost colour and/or shape and I need some smaller dresses.

Drywhiteplease Sat 04-Jan-14 21:19:59

So, I've had a very productive day. Have sorted 4 charity bags, washed and photographed Boden tunics to list on Ebay and have washed and dried new jeans ready to shorten. Christmas decs tomorrow.

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:22:11

EBay tomorrow Dry free listings this weekend. I need to list Ash Bowies, Reiss dusky pink chunky knit, prune James jeans, and a few unwanted Xmas gifts.........
Christmas boxes all back in the loft this evening. Feels good.

OneLittleLady Sat 04-Jan-14 21:22:33

Sounds good dry I spent the bulk of the day being shown things on minecraft and have finally started sorting out some of my clothes to be bagged up

QueenCadbury Sat 04-Jan-14 21:23:51

Our Christmas decs down. Glad to see the back of them.

dry pm
shop pm'd you back

Drywhiteplease Sat 04-Jan-14 21:24:22

Will do Shop think Sunday is optimum selling time isn't it? Glad it's free. Love Ebay, quite exciting, bit like gambling I suppose without the huge risk!

QueenCadbury Sat 04-Jan-14 21:24:55

Gah, battery down to 2%. Will have to take a break whilst recharging.
Laters.

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:28:55

Gah! Technology stops play QueenC

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:34:26

Yup Dry Sundays are good.

OneLittleLady Sat 04-Jan-14 21:38:53

I don't use ebay as most of my stuff isn't really worth selling on and to be quite honest, I'd feel so bad if I sold primark/similar items on at massively inflated prices like I have seen a lot of on ebay.

BecauseIsaidS0 Sat 04-Jan-14 21:43:41

I somehow fell into NAP this afternoon...

Drywhiteplease Sat 04-Jan-14 21:45:18

I wouldn't One people pay what they choose to pay...."buyer beware" (can't remember what it is in Latin) ....

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Sat 04-Jan-14 21:46:04

shop - I read that as 'dry Sundays are good'. Au contraire, I find copious amounts of alcohol make Sundays more bearable.

I have a suitcase full of stuff to ebay but never seem to find enough time to list them all.

Productive day here too, mucking out my bedroom/bathroom. Had a bit of a wardrobe cleanse and devised a new hanging system for my coats and some hats, getting them out of the wardrobe or wherever they happened to be stuffed. Clean sheets on t'bed - looking forward to a leisurely bath, pjs and an early (ish) night appreciating it all.

Oh, and I might have bought the FC leopard coat I pinned a while back, but half price at JL. And quite possibly that lush Zara tartan scarf linked to via Atlantic Pacific. <note the lack of blushing - I am brazen>

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Sat 04-Jan-14 21:51:25

Very cute Because. I tried to score DD2 some of the Markus Lupfer/Donna Air kids' collection last year, but it vanished instantly (except the massively inflated ebay flipped pieces) angry

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:53:10

No day of the week is dry in this house Grumpy
How do you keep your hats? I struggle and they always get crushed. I have a fab Treacy for Purdey tweed hat which keeps getting bent out of shape. Things need to change.
Loved 'mucking out' and no need to blush! smile

BecauseIsaidS0 Sat 04-Jan-14 21:53:41

Thanks, Grumpy. I have a weakness for ML.

I dream of having a dressing room. But given that we've just moved into a new house and the spare bedroom was turned into a his'n'hers office...I can keep dreaming sad.

Drywhiteplease Sat 04-Jan-14 21:54:22

"Dry Sundays " Grumpy could be the new diet phenomenon grin. I did sheets yesterday....nothing better is there?

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 21:57:43

Not my thing because but I can see the appeal - and what a great discount!
Can I just apologise for never typing names starting with a Capital letter? iPad issues.......

Drywhiteplease Sat 04-Jan-14 22:01:01

Never noticed SHOP

shopafrolic Sat 04-Jan-14 22:02:01

angry

This thread is not accepting new messages.