Talk

Advanced search

Cos online orders - experiences please.

(18 Posts)
WillPenn Thu 02-Jan-14 20:41:34

I placed an order on 26th Dec with Cos. As of today, the two items were still "waiting to be picked" at the warehouse. WTF? I know it is the holidays but Johnnie Boden has managed to dispatch my two sale orders placed afterwards two days ago!!

I have now cancelled the order but just wondered whether anyone else had had bad experiences. I know Cos is part of H&M, who are notoriously cr*p for online orders.

Saurus72 Thu 02-Jan-14 20:51:40

Really annoying IME. I had forgotten just how bad they are having not ordered online since last Christmas. I placed an order on Christmas Eve and it still isn't here. No e-mails or other communications to say when it will be delivered either.

In contrast, I ordered a ring from Monica Vinader, also on Chrustmas Eve, and that arrived on Monday, beautifully packaged.

Out of interest, how did you cancel the order?

Also, they take forever to refund your card if you return things - my record is 6 weeks. Plus, you can't return items ordered online to their stores. All in all terrible, and I am not going to order online with them again. Am now so annoyed that I pretty much know that as soon as my order arrives I'm going to want to return it straight away.

Apatite1 Thu 02-Jan-14 21:14:02

My order was inexplicably cancelled! I just went to the shop instead.

PartTimePunk Thu 02-Jan-14 21:42:32

I ordered 2 dresses on the 27th December. I've just tracked my order history and they are "waiting to be sent".

AndTwoBits Thu 02-Jan-14 22:51:20

My orders from the 24th and 26th Dec are also " waiting to be picked". Come on Cos!!

Saurus72 Thu 02-Jan-14 22:55:08

I was wrong - I didn't order on 24 Dec, it was 23rd hmm

Financeprincess Thu 02-Jan-14 23:46:36

They are bl**dy awful, and just you try returning stuff! They give you a returns label, but when you take the labelled parcel to the post office they will tell you that it doesn't work and needs a barcode.

At which point, you call COS and a snooty sod tells you that the post office have got it wrong, and you must go back to them and tell them so. After more arguing, they grudgingly send you a link to a web page where you can print off a different returns label. This time with a bar code. No apologies.

I seriously would never order from them again.

justasecond Thu 02-Jan-14 23:46:49

They take ages for refunds too. I am put off ordering online now as not only is their website crap they charge £6 for delivery!

Financeprincess Fri 03-Jan-14 00:08:00

Although they do refund the £6 when you finally manage to find your way through their Byzantine processes and return stuff!

Saurus72 Fri 03-Jan-14 00:15:48

Only because it's the actual law though! Something about the period of time in which you return online orders means they have to refund P&P.

borninastorm Fri 03-Jan-14 00:20:54

I ordered from H&M (I know it's not Cos but they're the same company) on 20th December and I've still to receive my items. All I've had is one confirmation email from them.

I checked on their website last night and the order is still pending but it says it was due to be sent 23-27 December!

WTAF is going on? And why can't they just send me an email to let me know there's a hold up and their reason for it.

Saurus72 Fri 03-Jan-14 09:42:46

Feel relieved now - cancelled my order with & Other Stories as couldn't face having to return things (they're also the same company as Cos). Will go into the actual shop today and try things on.

Still no sign of Cos delivery from 23 Dec.

WillPenn Fri 03-Jan-14 10:20:38

Well it seems I'm not the only one then!

There was the option to remove things from my basket so I clicked on the crosses and it cancelled the order. I checked on my credit card activity and there is no sign of them having taken the money, so am hoping am ok. I got an email confirming the cancellation and asking me for feedback as to why!!!!

It's incredible how bad the online shopping of the H&M group is. How can they get it so wrong when everyone else manages ok, even during sales?

Saurus72 Fri 03-Jan-14 20:49:57

Not just Cos who are bad. I ordered 2 shirts from Massimo Dutti on 26 Dec, have had a message saying they were dispatched on 27th, and an e-mail with tracking information for 'Pilot Couriers'. The expected delivery date/time shows as midnight on 1 January, and hasn't been updated since. No idea when I can expect my delivery confused.

sleepdodger Fri 03-Jan-14 22:40:07

They despatch from Sweden confused

Saurus72 Fri 07-Feb-14 21:14:14

Quick update on my Cos order from aaagggeeess ago. I ordered a top on 23 December. It arrived on 6 January, I tried it on and it looked awful, so I took it to the post office the next day to return it. Have just had an email to say they accept my return (1 month to the day after I returned it!), but that the refund to my debit card could take another 10 days. Astounding. In what world is this efficient and effective, when I could have just returned it to their store in London? Although I am happy to at least get the refund, as was starting to think I would never see that money again.

ADifferentKindOfMum Sat 08-Feb-14 08:48:31

I ordered a bag from &other stories on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday. After appalling service from H&M and Cos I will definitely be using &other stories again.

Saurus72 Sat 08-Feb-14 09:09:28

Yes, & Other Stories seem to be better. I ordered some beautiful ankle boots (reduced from £79 to £24!) on Sunday night and they were delivered on Thursday. Their new Spring collection has some beautiful clothes in it, and lots of silk not horrible polyester, huzzah! Although not huzzah for my bank account wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now