Talk

Advanced search

help size 24 short and in need of a wedding outfit!

(18 Posts)
oadcb Wed 01-Jan-14 20:00:53

Lovely friend getting married with no much notice.

I can lose a few pounds but reality is I'm an ample bosomed size 24 5ft 2 in need of a reasonably priced outfit!

Please help!

TOADfan Wed 01-Jan-14 20:09:17

As the same size and height as you I would suggest you don't bother with Evans..for more taller women.

If you can afford it simply be definitely is the best.

Someone more stylish should be along though. I just buy whats the cheapest grin

timidviper Wed 01-Jan-14 20:13:50

TOAD I am 5'6" and often find Evans too short!

The 2 stores near me who do larger sizes at reasonable prices are Yours and Bon Marche which is a bit older but might do for a wedding

Thants Wed 01-Jan-14 20:15:17

Toadfan what! Evans only do stuff for short women. Their 'long' trouser length is 31", pfft.
Op I would suggest Asos their curve plus size range is gorgeous and reasonably priced.

isanyoneelsehotandcold Wed 01-Jan-14 20:18:29

If the wedding's not for a while, you could get something made to measure like this:

www.etsy.com/listing/115538980/made-to-measure-green-full-circle-skirt?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=size+24+dress&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_locationQuery=2635167&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all

JennySense Wed 01-Jan-14 20:19:22

Asos Curve, Simply Be and some Boden ? I also find Monsoon are quite generous in sizing.
What type of outfit are you thinking of?

JackieNo Wed 01-Jan-14 20:20:24

I was going to suggest the Asos Curve range - I bought a dress from there for the first time recently, and it's lovely. How about something like this, in the berry colour?

plantsitter Wed 01-Jan-14 20:21:55

Have a look at Anna Scholz. Obviously unless you are loaded you are going to be looking at the sale stuff but this is nice or for something more weddingy this.

Don't be put off by the mental prints. She knows how to cut clothes for larger sizes so they look great. Last time I bought a dress from her I actually LIKED my reflection which has not happened for many years.

oadcb Wed 01-Jan-14 20:34:45

There are some great ideas on here. Thank you. Definitely need to look online at these.

Problem is I have no idea what's fashionable or how much to budget. I need to lose weight so don't really want to spend too much.

Wedding is April!

JackieNo Wed 01-Jan-14 20:55:40

April's ages - I'd look around now, but the stuff that's currently in the shops is probably aimed at the Christmas party market, and may not feel right for an April wedding. See what comes in over the next few months - everyone will start getting their spring stuff in. Mind you, you might find a sale bargain from the previous summer that also will work wink.

Skinheadmermaid Wed 01-Jan-14 22:18:03

April?! I've got a wedding at the end of this month that i'm going to lose a stone for.
You could lose 3 or 4 stone by then...

oadcb Wed 01-Jan-14 22:30:21

April may seem like ages away but the next few months are going to be really stressful...no free time at all. Hardcore dieting not great timimg.

fortyplus Wed 01-Jan-14 22:33:28

Quick quick - go to Monsoon - their sale if full of size 22/24! smile

tethersend Wed 01-Jan-14 22:48:14

patterned

purple

silver

PrincessFlirtyPants Wed 01-Jan-14 23:00:21

My friend is a size 22 and bought a dress here for my wedding and it was very flattering.

oadcb Thu 02-Jan-14 17:09:23

Thank you for the great ideas. I think the problem will be I dont like my weight and focusing on fashion highlights that!

I have an old John Rocha dress I love that I wore to a wedding ages ago. Going go try and lose weight to fit into it but will look for a back up in the meanwhile.

slug Thu 02-Jan-14 17:31:12

Ladyvlondon have a sale on at the moment.

crashbangboom Sat 15-Mar-14 21:15:48

bumping this for more ideas please

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now