Talk

Advanced search

Fuming!!!!

(13 Posts)
louise182 Fri 20-Dec-13 12:15:18

I am so mad, just went for a hd brows appointment.

Supposed to be a mixture of waxing, plucking and threading then tinting. She didn't bother with threading which is my preference, and she hams actually waxed the end of one of my eyebrows off!

I am so disappointed, they obviously don't match and they are too thin now sad

Any reliable remedies for quick hair growth?

I had waited ages to grow my eyebrows for this appointment. I am pregnant and due soon and wanted to look lovely in photos withy new baby, and I'm so cross she has messed my eyebrows up!!!! Argh!!!!!hmm

Dumpylump Fri 20-Dec-13 13:04:43

Oh no! I feel your pain! Was the salon definitely HD Brows accredited? This is a specific branded product whose company run training courses for therapists, and not a generic term that should be used by any old slapdash waxer!
Either way, you should get in touch with the company directly - if it's a certified salon whose staff they have trained, they will definitely want to know that their product is being incorrectly used (they might offer refund or "proper" treatment)....and if it's not a certified salon and the company name is being taken in vain, they'll take steps to stop that happening.
I know that none of this mends your poor eyebrows fshock but it would hopefully stop it happening again

SecretJewel Fri 20-Dec-13 13:09:34

You need to get your hands on some Rapid Brow.

It's like Rapid Lash for eyebrows.

(Well, really it's the same stuff - just use Rapid Lash if you've got it).

Will definitely help then grow back quicker :-)

BeanoNoir Fri 20-Dec-13 13:16:06

Can you use Rapid Brow when pg? I'm breastfeeding and have bought some due to a similar incident but I haven't used it yet because it says to consult your doctor if pregnant or breastfeeding. I'm looking forward to using it though.

Op I feel your pain, but give it a couple of weeks and although it won't have grown back you will be more used to it. I bet it's not as bad as you think, it's the shock of seeing your face look different. Can you ask a blunt friend/partner for an honest opinion?

Do you have a fringe? Could you get a thin side sweepy one put in if you really don't like them?

louise182 Fri 20-Dec-13 13:38:28

Thanks for replies smile

I will ask my midwife next week about rapid brow and get some if its ok !

I have a bit of a fringe but I'm growing it out so it looks crap when i don't have it pinned back confused

They do look bad, one is almost half the size of the other! sad

She gave me a proper pair of hideous scouse brows using pencil and powder, obviously covering up what she did. Its so annoying that theres nout i can do, not like i can return them haha!!

They called it hd eyebrows on the price list but il look into it and see if they are genuine.

Dumpylump Fri 20-Dec-13 13:55:15

Lots of places have jumped on the bandwagon and call the treatments they do "HD Brows", but they're not all accredited and trained. It's a copyrighted name and the company come down hard on salons misusing it.
Rapid Lash is good stuff fsmile

louise182 Fri 20-Dec-13 14:09:45

Im pissed off that wax and tint is 9 pounds, 'hd brows' they charge 20 pounds. The only difference that i can gather is a bit of plucking! Will definitely check whether they are trained...

WileyRoadRunner Fri 20-Dec-13 16:55:01

You can check on the HD brows website.... £20 seems cheap for HD Brows but then I'm in rip off West Kent...

louise182 Fri 20-Dec-13 17:31:24

Well they don't appear on the hd website so il be reporting them! smile

emmamme Wed 05-Feb-14 18:37:55

Castor oil helps with hair growth.

HD brows are all about the makeup and dye on the skin. Personally I dont rate them that highly.

I do something similar but dont call it HD brows and dont charge such outrageous prices!

E x

Deathwatchbeetle Wed 05-Feb-14 19:20:22

Oh poor you! I am well overdue a threading. My brows are not that thick but do need a bit of tidying but obvs getting a makeover today that couldn't happen.

Mograt Thu 06-Feb-14 15:49:29

Just seen this thread highlighted on FB and as I come from a family with eyebrows like large caterpillars this is the last thing I need. Made me laugh at the thought of what might happen if I were to use it!

Roshbegosh Thu 06-Feb-14 15:55:21

This is why I will never trust anyone to do my eyebrows again. They always take too much away and the worst was when I was left with two jet black horizontal commas with nothing beyond the top of the arch at a place in Meanwood. It was run by a bunch of scarey looking chavs so I was foolish to go there but I was passing and in a rush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now