Talk

Advanced search

UGG Esplanade Boots - will they be too tight?

(9 Posts)
rubbishfamily333 Thu 05-Dec-13 09:28:59

I love the UGG Esplanade Boots they are like riding boots. I really want them but my calves are big and I once tried them on in the shop and they were very tight.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has some and if they loosen up?

My uggs are now completely broken the zip broke yesterday and I want to buy some new ones today.

I don't want the cosy slipper like ones as i want to be able to wear them in the rain etc.

rubbishfamily333 Thu 05-Dec-13 10:57:50

Anyone? grin

EmGee Thu 05-Dec-13 14:49:09

I am thinking of ordering online but my question about them is sizing - they appear not to do half sizes. When you tried them on, did they feel too tight? I am a 4. Can't get to a store to try them on.

Re width, I would imagine they loosen up after a few wears...you could always get them stretched at a cobblers. I did this once and it did help.

A friend got a pair for her birthday and showed me yesterday - they look utterly divine and are waterproof too so definitely a good style to get.

rubbishfamily333 Thu 05-Dec-13 16:27:02

The calf and width are narrow, I'm a 5 sometimes 4.5 and I'm going for a 6 shockshock. My foot is wide though!

What colour has your friend got and what colour are you going for?

I want black but I found them for 135 online in brown shockshockshock so I'm buying them in brown I think as it will she me 45 pound which is alot right now.

rubbishfamily333 Thu 05-Dec-13 19:31:09

So Ive ordered the brown ones and I got them for £125 smile vert happy and I cant wait for them to arrive.

EmGee Thu 05-Dec-13 20:29:40

Wow Rubbish - great bargain! i am buying them from the european website so the cost is 230€ for brown and blacksad But free delivery and returns so can return if no good. I'm reluctant to buy them in UK as won't be back til Christmas and if I get the size wrong, it could be a pain changing them.

I'm confused as some websites offer half sizes and others don't. My friend said to get a half size bigger. She has them in black.

I think I'll ring the helpline tomorrow before I order them and query the sizing. I want to get them on my feet the minute they arrive!!!! Would be gutted if they are too big or too small.....

rubbishfamily333 Thu 05-Dec-13 20:40:58

With uggs they are sized differently I think. I am a size 5 and all uggs are either size 4.5 or 5.5 etc. I think the websites just list them differently.

Check the europen size, as i'm a 5 normally that would be a 38. I hope these are ok in a 6 abit worried but I cant wait for them to arrive.

EmGee Thu 05-Dec-13 20:43:00

Update when you get them, please!

brokenhearted55a Sun 09-Feb-14 18:58:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now