Talk

Advanced search

Best skincare products for a pre-teen?

(8 Posts)
Picturesinthefirelight Sun 17-Nov-13 21:33:27

Dd is 12 & is showing signs of puberty

The other day she was complaining that she had some bumps on her face & today I noticed the start of a spot on her nose.

She has always had sensitive skin & is allergic to perfumed stuff & cheap cosmetics. I personally think that soap & water is a bit harsh for her.

I read that the Liz Earle hot cloths are good for teen skin. Is that right? Any other reccomendations for a good, sensitive skin cleanser?

goodasitgets Mon 18-Nov-13 07:42:58

Have a look on caroline hirons blog
I like balmology cleansing balm, there's also some Occo stuff in TK Maxx at the minute which is heavily reduced and gentle
For cheaper I would look at boots botanics cleansing balm. Then just use a hot flannel to remove. Boots botanics moisturisers are nice too

daphnesglasses Mon 18-Nov-13 13:34:23

green people have a teenage range which is organic, no additives etc (on their website)

Jammygal Mon 18-Nov-13 14:47:47

Elemis fresh skin range is designed for teens plus a bit cheaper than adult Elemis. C Hirons advises girls don't start skin are regime until after their first period.

Thirtyrock39 Fri 13-Jan-17 18:06:22

I know this is an old thread but any new tips on early teenage skincare? For a very low maintenance 11 year old?!

HeyMacWey Fri 13-Jan-17 19:13:57

Mine like the Good Things range - you can get it in boots.
Or the superdrug hot cloth cleanser.

Ilovecaindingle Fri 13-Jan-17 19:16:21

Asda own range.

DameDeDoubtance Fri 13-Jan-17 19:57:17

Thayers with hazel toner, neutral ph,and Cerave face wash, also low ph, followed by Cerave pm lotion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now