I can only keep one. Which one?

(36 Posts)
Dontletthemgetyoudown Mon 11-Nov-13 13:23:57

Ordered a couple of bags and now torn between which to keep as I like them all, but only need one. (although am trying hard to think of reasons I need three new tan handbags grin)

JOULES

RADLEY

JOHN LEWIS

and this one that hasn't arrived yet
FOSSIL

trixymalixy Mon 11-Nov-13 16:36:39

John Lewis but in the tan or grey.

polyhymnia Mon 11-Nov-13 17:30:03

The Joules one has far too much going on. Not at all stylish.

I don't like Radley in general but that one is OK - without the strange 'charm'.

The JL one is my favourite - in grey or tan - the tan does look a bit orange-y but it might not in RL.

Think the shape of the Fossil one is a bit clumsy.

Dontletthemgetyoudown Mon 11-Nov-13 17:30:29

Real life consensus is jl tan or radley with charms removed as well. Umm the radley is the most practical size and style but the jl one was because I want a anya hindmarch zip satchel but cant afford one!

Thanks

GatoradeMeBitch Mon 11-Nov-13 17:36:05

I like 1 and 4.

HyvaPaiva Mon 11-Nov-13 17:38:37

Word-for-word what eurochick said!

LeoandBoosmum Mon 11-Nov-13 17:39:54

I like the JL one best of all. I like it best of all in that vibrant green!

polyhymnia Mon 11-Nov-13 17:41:27

Don't know if you travel on the tube etc but one of things I like about JL one over Radley is that you can wear it across body if you need to (as I would if, eg, carrying heavy shopping on tube).

Also Radley seems just a touch boring, but that might be my prejudice against the brand.

Agree with you on the Hindmarch zip one - I'm not usually drawn to bags much over £200 or so and hate those with obtrusive metalware (eg, Modalu and most Michael Kors) but do really covet one of those!

Lavenderhoney Mon 11-Nov-13 17:45:00

The fossil bag is lovely, the joules one looks a funny brown, and the radley one too boring, but ok with the dangly stuff off, I suppose.

I have a green bag like thatsmile it looks nice in the summer and i wear it with a white t shirt and skinnies, or white linen dress, and sparkly sandals.
They are much cheaper in the sale though.

Jbck Mon 11-Nov-13 17:50:51

I'm asking Santa for the Radley so if you've one going spare ......... grin

MrsRogerSterling Mon 11-Nov-13 17:53:06

Fossil or JL in grey or green.

Tweet2tweet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:39:53

I'd go for the fossil one and then keep an eye on the JL and Radley one in sale. Bare in mind sales are only about 8 wks away and I would take a confident guess that both will go into the sale, the JL may even go down to 50% off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now